Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 2.15 pm

Didn't take long for that broken record to come out did it!!

Unfortunately, what I have stated is true. The bottom three are edging closer to us and as well you know it, until such times as we start to pull our finger out, this trend of losing matches will continue. With our current lack of fire power, can you honestly see us beating West Ham. I can't and the following home game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. By which time we could be only five points from the bottom three.

EXACTLY! This is what I have been saying all season. We have never had anything on the bench to change anything. All we can do is change players on a like for like basis.
You have only been here since New Year.
Minty sodded off and you decided to take over the doom from him.

Once again we lose a game because our defenders can't concentrate for a full 90 minutes. As good as Ake, Cook, Smith, Begovic and Daniels are in moments all are prone to switching off at crucial moments throughout games and it proves costly for us time and time again. Ake will receive praise for the clearance off the line but how on earth was Richarlison given so much space in the first place? How was Zouma afforded so much space for the first goal? I'm afraid it boils down to our defenders just not being quite good enough consistently throughout the 90 minutes. I really feel that what this team needs is a Craig Dawson type player, a real solid leader back there who won't switch off at vital moments, a player who actually enjoys the defensive side of the game. With this current defensive unit we'll always be looking nervously over our shoulders.

It is highly unlikely that we will hammer West Ham. The best we can hope for is a draw as we have no fire power. The following game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. The bottom three seem to be edging ever closer to us. I wonder why.
Minty I've e resisted till now BUT if as you claim you are a genuine cherries Fan imo there is something seriously wrong with you, I know you've drawn me in to the debate which I will probably regret ( as been on the beer.) your negativity stinks with a capital S!
Usual response expected ie you are a realist but I think your negative slant is irratating beyond belief. I'm sure this is your intention, so we'll done.

Unfortunately, what I have stated is true. The bottom three are edging closer to us and as well you know it, until such times as we start to pull our finger out, this trend of losing matches will continue. With our current lack of fire power, can you honestly see us beating West Ham. I can't and the following home game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. By which time we could be only five points from the bottom three.
Well next week Newcastle are playing cardiff so at least 1 team out of bottom 4 will get a point
Looking at there fixures though next 2 games they have it tough so might not gain many points at all. Do you look at fixtures or just copy and paste your doom predictions?

And I do realise that we are still punching well above our weight. But how are we going to expect to convince players like Wilson, Fraser, Brooks ect that we are trying to build something special here when we concede goals so softly week after week? 19m on Solanke should have been spent on the backline imo.

Once again we lose a game because our defenders can't concentrate for a full 90 minutes. As good as Ake, Cook, Smith, Begovic and Daniels are in moments all are prone to switching off at crucial moments throughout games and it proves costly for us time and time again. Ake will receive praise for the clearance off the line but how on earth was Richarlison given so much space in the first place? How was Zouma afforded so much space for the first goal? I'm afraid it boils down to our defenders just not being quite good enough consistently throughout the 90 minutes. I really feel that what this team needs is a Craig Dawson type player, a real solid leader back there who won't switch off at vital moments, a player who actually enjoys the defensive side of the game. With this current defensive unit we'll always be looking nervously over our shoulders.

I think it's just as much down to our lack of end product at the other end.

It's not all doom and gloom though - all of our games against non top six sides have been genuine 50/50 affairs and have been win or lost by the odd error of bit of skill. We'll almost certainly continue in this vein and win about half of them, which will probably give us a very healthy points total.

They absolutely have to cut out the errors as you say though. In fairness a settled back four should help from now on (touch wood).

It is highly unlikely that we will hammer West Ham. The best we can hope for is a draw as we have no fire power. The following game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. The bottom three seem to be edging ever closer to us. I wonder why.

So Wilson won’t be back next week? On what basis? Every single thing that you post seems to turn out to be false. Based on Smiths return today I wouldn’t rule anything out with Solanke either. We have plenty of fire power.

Minty I've e resisted till now BUT if as you claim you are a genuine cherries Fan imo there is something seriously wrong with you, I know you've drawn me in to the debate which I will probably regret ( as been on the beer.) your negativity stinks with a capital S!
Usual response expected ie you are a realist but I think your negative slant is irratating beyond belief. I'm sure this is your intention, so we'll done.

It is not negativity, it is in fact realism. You must grasp that without Wilson and with a not match fit King who spent the afternoon just wandering about, this game was only going to go one way. This is the Premier League not League One, one mistake will cost you. As soon as Everton took the lead it was game over as we had no one to turn the game for us. We would not have scored if we were still playing at this time tomorrow

I’ve been a long time lurker on here and this is my first post. I feel compelled to reply to your constantly negative post . You seem to think that you have great knowledge of football and I wonder if you have ever put this to use by actually playing or more importantly managing a team at any level?
If you have then I would expect with your defeatist attitude, any team you were involved in would be defeated long before walking onto the pitch! I think that you would get more enjoyment about actually predicting a loss than you would by actually doing anything to cause a win . Please reply without using any of your cliched, boring responses
I bid you a good evening!

So Wilson won’t be back next week? On what basis? Every single thing that you post seems to turn out to be false. Based on Smiths return today I wouldn’t rule anything out with Solanke either. We have plenty of fire power.

Correct we have plenty of firepower when they are all match fit. But people are not match fit at the moment, this is the problem. Wilson, even if he does return next week, will still not be match fit to make a significant impact. On a heavy pitch the hamstring is under strain. King is still recovering from illness and a liquid botty, Gosling is still struggling.

I respectfully, politely and indeed humbly, ask you to wake up and visit the planet Earth.

I’ve been a long time lurker on here and this is my first post. I feel compelled to reply to your constantly negative post . You seem to think that you have great knowledge of football and I wonder if you have ever put this to use by actually playing or more importantly managing a team at any level?
If you have then I would expect with your defeatist attitude, any team you were involved in would be defeated long before walking onto the pitch! I think that you would get more enjoyment about actually predicting a loss than you would by actually doing anything to cause a win . Please reply without using any of your cliched, boring responses
I bid you a good evening!

Yes I played Sunday League football for Trinidad in the Bournemouth Leagues back in the early 1970's. I do not enjoy what I see happening. It is a case of facing up to reality. We have injuries to key players this is what is causing our run of bad form. Until the situation eases we will continue to lose football matches. This is just stark reality.

Wilson, even if he does return next week, will still not be match fit to make a significant impact. On a heavy pitch the hamstring is under strain.

We don't have a heavy pitch so stick that in your departure lounge...as a matter of fact I forecast they will actually water it before the game like they do every time we play. They will probably do it at half time as well.

We don't have a heavy pitch so stick that in your departure lounge...as a matter of fact I forecast they will actually water it before the game like they do every time we play. They will probably do it at half time as well.

Hamstrings are very fickle. Wilson is a runner, often stopping and starting regarding pace and speed. The hamstring is always under strain in this mode. If he does make the West Ham game he will not be up to his usual sharpness and so, will be ineffective.

I respectfully ask you to think!

I think it's just as much down to our lack of end product at the other end.

It's not all doom and gloom though - all of our games against non top six sides have been genuine 50/50 affairs and have been win or lost by the odd error of bit of skill. We'll almost certainly continue in this vein and win about half of them, which will probably give us a very healthy points total.

They absolutely have to cut out the errors as you say though. In fairness a settled back four should help from now on (touch wood).
Agree we have missed good chances at vital moments in games recently. I guess thats the way it goes when you're low on confident. Eddie has mentioned it many times that we need to be more clinical in both boxes.

Why are people giving this guy the attention he craves? Don't feed the troll and he will die off. People cant complain when he keeps posting this tripe because they are just feeding into it.

Hamstrings are very fickle. Wilson is a runner, often stopping and starting regarding pace and speed. The hamstring is always under strain in this mode. If he does make the West Ham game he will not be up to his usual sharpness and so, will be ineffective.

I respectfully ask you to think!
Wilson doesn't need his legs to work against West Ham...just his hands. We'll be fine!

Don't know why you guys just don't hit the ignore button. He offers no insight or interesting opinion so you won't be missing much.

Today, I thought apart from the first 25 minutes we just looked a bit toothless, with little firepower to bring on from the bench. It's amazing how quickly we've become dependent on Brooks to run the game. When he drops off the pace a bit we struggle. Good to see Smith back and Clyne is a superb January signing.

Need Wilson back ASAP!

Don't know why you guys just don't hit the ignore button. He offers no insight or interesting opinion so you won't be missing much.

Today, I thought apart from the first 25 minutes we just looked a bit toothless, with little firepower to bring on from the bench. It's amazing how quickly we've become dependent on Brooks to run the game. When he drops off the pace a bit we struggle. Good to see Smith back and Clyne is a superb January signing.

Need Wilson back ASAP!

I offer no insight. Why is it your first sentence in your second paragraph is a mirror image of what I have been saying all along. So obviously you have no insight either.

;