Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 2.15 pm

Biggest impression from today was just how quiet the Everton fans were. They only ever piped up when they considered the ref to be against them. Which was every incident. Man! What a bunch of moaners.

Team-wise, the back four seem more settled and composed now they've got Smith back and I thought we were better at keeping the ball – far less loose passes (Gosling aside) than we've seen of late.

Things to look forward to: Solanke in Feb and maybe a much needed Lewis Cook back in midfield.

Thank you for your effort today boys – we thought you were great – the result was undeserved.

:utc:

maybe a much needed Lewis Cook back in midfield.
Average for an ACL is 6 months these days. In exceptional cases players can come back in 4-5 months. Either way, we won’t see Lewis again this season.

Sadly means he’ll miss the U21 Euro’s this summer. Looking at the bigger picture that might not be a bad thing. With his England commitments he’s not had a summer off since he was 16. The hope is we get a fully fit and refreshed Lewis for start of next season.

Well, that was a very long day. See y'all later : )
All credit to you mate, and to your fellow supporters in the Lower Bullens stand. There wasn't too much to get excited about for you lot after the first 20 minutes. I think that you are a comfortable mid table team. You aren't going down.

We seem like a boxer who outboxes his opponent for half the match,but with no knockout blow.Then we have a glass jaw,and two punches later we've lost.Think we're going to be alright though

We seem like a boxer who outboxes his opponent for half the match,but with no knockout blow.Then we have a glass jaw,and two punches later we've lost.Think we're going to be alright though

It is all so depressingly familiar. We're not miles off but we can't keep making the same mistakes. We've not really 'deserved to win' in a dozen games. We've not often 'deserved to lose' either (outside a couple of spankings) but we need to get back to dominating games and taking our chances.

Eddie’s view on the decisions.

At the time, I thought the first penalty shout on Brooks probably was a penalty. I haven't seen it back, so I may be wrong. At the end, I've then been told there was a stonewall, but that's the way things are going for us at the moment.

In terms of Andre Gomes, certainly from my view, I thought the first one could've been a yellow, as well as the second. If you add them together, he is lucky to stay on the pitch. I haven't seen back the one at the end, though.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/howe-gives-verdict-following-toffees-defeat

Maybe its time to play 3 central defenders.
We can't keep giving teams two goals every game.
Slag him off but we are missing our captain at the moment.

;