Everton v AFC Bournemouth

Was watching both matches simultaneously, WH never really looked that threatening and lifting Antonio (on a yellow) really removed the bite. Haller is not the type to do it on his own.

Tough, though .... with 5 minutes left I still felt it would drop our way (well, tbh, I was waiting for WH to score the second and then expected to hear that Watford had drawn level).

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "It hurts. I'm trying to keep it together, I'm really sad for the fans of this club. They've not been here for the last part of the journey and that makes it harder.
"It's a time for refecltion, a time to see what the next step is. Everything at the club is based around staying in the Premier League and I'll speak to the people that I need to speak to. It's a very quick turnaround and we have to make the right decisions now.
"It's small margins, there has been loads of moments during the season, it's never down to one thing. As the manager I make hundreds of decisions and I haven't been good enough this season.
"Throughout the season there are ebbs and flows, I'm not going to sit here and criticise the players in any way, I have to back them and support them. First I have to look at myslef and that I will do.
"My commitment, I can't question. It is not down to a lack of effort. I am so sorry for the fans, you never plan not to achieve. I always wanted to bring success to the club and to play an entertaining sort of football, that's always the aim."
I simply can’t see anybody more likely to carry us straight back up than Eddie. Change would be change for change’s sake. We need to let Eddie put things right !

Good words from Smith of Villa for Eddie.

(That was our 1st ever win on Merseyside.
If only we played like that all season.)

You have to say Grealish is a leader onfield and they had JT in the dressing room !

I thought we played great today, good to get first ever win at Goodison and end the 9 away defeats on the trot. Unfortunately though we didn't play like we should've the majority of the season.

Can’t stop thinking about that late Billy Sharp goal against us at DC.. and Rodriguez’s last minute ‘header’ for Burnley. Fine margins..
I'm sure all the other teams have sob stories though. Watford certainly had some dreadful decisions against them and Villa could argue Billing should have been sent off before half time up there.
Doesn't stop me hoping Grealish gets a painful genital condition though

Beat Everton for the first time at Goodison Park.

First home Everton defeat under their new manager.

Did the double over Everton this season as well.

Really good performance today, but this should have happened earlier and we would still be in the PL.

Last edited:
Villa got lucky with the definite goal sheff u scored but not given. Shambles of var and technology. If not for that today would have been different.

Villa didn't get ' lucky' with anything...they played their way out of trouble...full metal jacket...they got 35 points...we got 34....after having 20 points on Dec 26.!
On the 7th of March they had only 22.
but then got 13 points in the last 7 fixtures !
They had a goal scored against them that wasn’t given. Hawkeye failed for the first time in 9000 instances. Yeah I’d call that lucky.

They had a goal scored against them that wasn’t given. Hawkeye failed for the first time in 9000 instances. Yeah I’d call that lucky.
That incident Was lucky for Villa yeah...but the real issue is that because Sheffield are a smaller club than Villa... it was ignored in any follow up.

;