Everton v AFC Bournemouth

No not yet.

But that as we know was a perfect goal for Sheff U.

But take that three points off Villa and that puts Watford out of the relegation zone and Villa and us on same points and GD.
Villa only gained 1 point from that but I agree that a Villa draw on Sunday keeping them 1 point ahead of us (if we win) could happen and the point they gained from that 'disallowed' Sheff Utd goal makes the difference

Villa only gained 1 point from that but I agree that a Villa draw on Sunday keeping them 1 point ahead of us (if we win) could happen and the point they gained from that 'disallowed' Sheff Utd goal makes the difference

Yes you are correct, they only gained a point.

First time I have read this.

“Referee Michael Oliver has admitted his goal-line technology watch said “goal” at half-time after a perfectly good goal was ruled out for Sheffield United against Aston Villa.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...e-claim-villa-technology-controversy-18441000

Last edited:
Just hope we setup attacking and go for it.
I can see there could be the argument for playing it tight and trying to nick a goal etc but please, just bloody go for it from the off. I’d rather we lost 3-0 and actually made a go of it than start doing that on 70mins with the score 0-0....

As Eddie said his interview, no need to worry about other games, just focus on winning. Only need a margin of one goal rather than a lot to boost GD so what will be will be

For the first time in a long time I will be able to relax whilst watching an AFCB game. All we need to do is win the game. Everything else is out of our hands. If at the end of all of the matches it was enough to keep us in the PL, then ok. If not, I can then start looking forward to how we'll fare in the Championship. Either outcome is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Staying in the PL disrupts the club the least financially, so that's ok. Dropping down into the Championship sees us facing a new challenge with a new squad and potentially the chance to compete in every match. It also frees us from the PL's awful interpretation of VAR which is an added bonus.
Bring on Sunday and :utc: in all divisions !

Just hope we setup attacking and go for it.
I can see there could be the argument for playing it tight and trying to nick a goal etc but please, just bloody go for it from the off. I’d rather we lost 3-0 and actually made a go of it than start doing that on 70mins with the score 0-0....
Absolutely. If we set up with a midfield 2 of phill and Jeff and limp to a pathetic 1 or 2 nil defeat then what a depressing end to a depressing season. Just attack them, as long as we get the old Bournemouth style back frankly I don’t care much what the outcome is.

Everton are the epitome of a well-established "going nowhere" club. Far too rich and powerful to ever get into serious relegation trouble, but light years away from Liverpool, City, etc.

What have they got to play for on Sunday ? Really ?

If for once we can get our motivation and energy right then surely we have a chance of beating them.

Everton are middle of the table club . That’s it . They have spent millions yet have achieved nothing .
There for the taking

West Ham to decide they will turn up after all and beat Villa 3-1.

In the 95th minute elsewhere, Watford are drawing with Arsenal when Watford get a dubious penalty but VAR doesn't give a heck anymore. The penalty smashes against the bar and Arsenal race up the other end and score.

Meanwhile it's 1-1 between AFCB and Everton. AFCB get a corner and Ramsdale goes up for it. The ball is headed out of the area and Rambo starts to run back to his goal but in the scramble it comes towards him just outside the Everton area and he turns and smacks it first time on the volley into the corner of the goal.

Easy.
Carlsberg.

As Eddie said his interview, no need to worry about other games, just focus on winning. Only need a margin of one goal rather than a lot to boost GD so what will be will be
We are not good enough in defence to sit back, let’s go down trying not the tip tap shxt we have done for the last 18 months let’s go out playing how we got here

He also said this in his interview in the Echo.

But asked whatever happened at the weekend, whether he wanted to be at Cherries next season, Howe replied: “My commitment to the club has never changed, from day one.

“I do my best for the club and that will not change.

“We will go into Sunday, we will have a sit down at the end of the season, regardless of what happens, and see what happens next.”

We are not good enough in defence to sit back, let’s go down trying not the tip tap shxt we have done for the last 18 months let’s go out playing how we got here

I didn’t say sit back - a key message Eddie has had is to “stay in the game” so if we go one down then make sure we don’t let a quick second etc. Attack but no need for gung-ho

It seems almost obvious then that Eddie will go for slightly cautious approach ...that means shutting them out, being patient for the crucial goal. . .I'm thinking if that happens the damn goal will be in our net...and then it will go to ratsh*t. Caution has been our undoing ...and that is on Eddies CV now !

No...its gung ho for me..in their net early...and keep at it... do or die.!

We are just not capable of the concentration levels it needs to grind out a 1-0. Besides the United and Chelsea games, the latter in which we were frankly playing for a point and got a bonus at the end, we haven't won a game without conceding all season. We will need to score twice at least.

;