Lewis Cook

Is this the unpopular opinions thread now?

Because here's a corker for you all. I think Fraser has been pretty crap for most of the last 3 games, and was awful on Saturday. I'd like to see Stanislas come in for Fulham, which he no doubt will, but probably for Brooks instead.

Because here's a corker for you all. I think Fraser has been pretty crap for most of the last 3 games, and was awful on Saturday. I'd like to see Stanislas come in for Fulham, which he no doubt will, but probably for Brooks instead.

Can't really argue with that, all started after he was highlighted on MOTD for ripping Leicester apart. Teams are more aware of him now, also EH alluded that he was carrying a bit of a hamstring problem the last few weeks.

The fact that Fraser is on the pitch and likely to set off on one of his charges means that defenders have to keep their eyes on him and not necessarily on other players. A bit like the German Tirpitz in WW2, hardly ever left the Norway fjords but tied up loads of our navy. Not that I'm saying the Wee Man is a battleship, more like a destroyer!

No reason to argue. I think we can all say Cook, especially for his age, has talent. My feeling though is in a 4-4-2 ideally you want your central 2 MF to be a team. one as a CDM and one more of a CAM. I think we all agree Lerma is holding his own and then some as a CDM. Is Cook a CAM? No way. I think Brooks is more of a CAM. If Cook plays and cant fill that attacking midfield role you will have more and more separation between the midfield and the forwards.

Sorry Druss but i'm not sure i understand the point of your post....why would Lewis Cook have built up more goodwill amongst fans than Jordon Ibe ? who it has to be said won us some really important points last year....Franno gets criticised on here ...Gosling and Surman too...have they not built up enough "Goodwill" to qualify for the same free pass that Lewis seems to have?...what exactly is the criteria?

Lol If you think Ibe has built up good will then there is no point even explaining why he gets abuse.

I'll just add, that he is the 4th choice winger right now according to Eddie and behind a returning from Injury Stan and Brooks who joined the team 2 years after Ibe.

Question, is he better than Fraser, Stanislas or Brooks?

Honest answer?

You're obviously being a bit harsh, he's certainly good enough for us, I do think a lot of our fans over rate him though with talk of top 6 sides being interested in him.
I doubt they will be yet, he doesn't score any goals and certainly isn't a CDM in my opinion so he'd really have to be on top of his game as a deep playmaker for any of the top sides to be interested in him and he's not yet.

The fact that Fraser is on the pitch and likely to set off on one of his charges means that defenders have to keep their eyes on him and not necessarily on other players. A bit like the German Tirpitz in WW2, hardly ever left the Norway fjords but tied up loads of our navy. Not that I'm saying the Wee Man is a battleship, more like a destroyer!

She never even fired on another ship. A ship out of time by that point.

Yeah, the wee man is obviously a DD. Probably a Tashkent class.

Lol If you think Ibe has built up good will then there is no point even explaining why he gets abuse.

I'll just add, that he is the 4th choice winger right now according to Eddie and behind a returning from Injury Stan and Brooks who joined the team 2 years after Ibe.

Question, is he better than Fraser, Stanislas or Brooks?

Honest answer?

I would put all three of them in front of Ibe at the moment Druss ...not sure what that has to do with the point of my post tbh.

So you don't know why Ibe doesn't have any of this mystical "goodwill" which makes the recipient immune to any criticism of any sort....what about any of other three i mentioned?...Franno for instance...hasn't he done enough to be blessed with a sprinkling of this "Goodwill".

What nonsense. Every player makes mistakes, all our players do.

Its about earning the right to make mistakes. If Cook or Ake make a mistake that results in the goal then its annoying but we know their quality and we know how rare it is. Same to some extent goes for Lewis. If a player like Ibe makes mistakes every game and hasnt built up goodwill then of course people will raise it. Ibe didnt do much wrong when he came on...I wouldn't moan about his performance Saturday but it also didnt show me anything to say he is worth his place on the bench either.
Let's be honest if every player was always perfectly positioned and never made a mistake surely every match would end nil nil.

I think....sorry about this...but to say Lewis is Overrated is Understated...but only at the moment though! Gushing over this young Leeds acquisition is doing him no favours. It could ruin him in the long run and he becomes a Nearly man in Spurs reserves!
He is too 'laid back' ..so far.. imo. If you take a young Bobby Moore in comparison..similar skill set..but Moore was gobbing off at older players, dominating space around himself, with an arrogance that is needed by that type of player.
I also think coming from a club like Leeds with a large noisy crowd watching him is significant, DC a come down unfortunately... and his best game away to Spurs last season? Big crowd!
Having said that....he is a Damn Skilled footballer....if he gets out of his Cage and gets Angry...lives for the moment...gets it going with Brooks..stops reading about himself....Afcb will see great things from him for hopefully a couple of seasons!

I still feel the issue isn't cook, but the 2 man centre midfield. We get caught out again and again. Doesn't matter who is there. Give lerma and cook the support of gosling or surman. King up front is a wasted player at the moment.

Most definitely not, King is a great player to have in the side! He may not provide as many assists or goals as he has done previously, but he's an integral part of our free flowing attacking philosophy. We have that formation for a reason and that's why we get caught out... We can't expect to defend as well as we do attack. I do agree with you, but a 3 man midfield and one up front will provide bad results in terms of goalscoring

No - not Gosling or Surman for the long term. Recruitment is needed for a three-man midfield option. For three seasons I was very keen on Pritchard, who showed against last night why should have bid for him. He must love playing against us - invariably shines.

I like Lerma and Cook but we also need a busy box-to-box midfielder, especially when Brooks is not firing ... an Arter-type fired up and ready to play for us. This should be a top priority in January, together with a right CB who can give WB cover.

;