FA Cup third round draw tomorrow

It’s a naff draw in the respect that we might not be arsed yet still go through and then have to go through it all again.

Even I was excited for them when Spurs came out, this is what the FA Cup should be all about.
It really should be Davy. It should be about Grandstand camping out in the town the week before interviewing the plumbers and sparkys looking forward to their shot at glory. The tiny little ground packed to the seams on a Saturday afternoon with people hoping above hope that the minnows could land a blow on billy big boll0cks.
Not any more, playing against a youth team in an empty park.

Reactions: rgb
...remeber going to Boundary Park back in the 90's...it was the chill blasts of wind in the away stand that cut right through you...and believe me it wasn't very uplifting watching us in those conditions back then...a true labour of love!

Wemberly .... wemberly...wember.....

...what ?...what's up...what's a' matter.....?

Its OK...we are on the road...its JT's Big Cup Crusade..with no help or hindrance from our old mate Eddie ! :p

It is in Bournemouth. Scroll down to the map: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BH_postcode_area

BH7 is clearly in the town of Bournemouth.

Seems I was wrong...Pokesdown being a suburb of Bournemouth...
..yet Kings Park is only about a 5 minute walk from Boscombe Bus station....but 15/20 minutes from say Lansdowne in Bournemouth.
I've always thought Boscombe was a town in its own right...but according to Wiki its Also a 'suburb' of Bournemouth!

Its all a bit silly...I have a relative in Kinson who goes Mental if I refer to Bournemouth as Not being in Hampshire...he was born in Hampshire ..in Bournemouth Hospital in the 60s.
Being from Poole I would have gone mental to be associated with Hampshire back along ..not so fussed now though.
Borders are an overly emotive thing I guess....when people here in Cornwall detect my strong Dorset tones....I get some strange ' attitude' coming at me! - " your English then? "

Seems I was wrong...Pokesdown being a suburb of Bournemouth...
..yet Kings Park is only about a 5 minute walk from Boscombe Bus station....but 15/20 minutes from say Lansdowne in Bournemouth.
I've always thought Boscombe was a town in its own right...but according to Wiki its Also a 'suburb' of Bournemouth!

Its all a bit silly...I have a relative in Kinson who goes Mental if I refer to Bournemouth as Not being in Hampshire...he was born in Hampshire ..in Bournemouth Hospital in the 60s.
Being from Poole I would have gone mental to be associated with Hampshire back along ..not so fussed now though.
Borders are an overly emotive thing I guess....when people here in Cornwall detect my strong Dorset tones....I get some strange ' attitude' coming at me! - " your English then? "

Not sure how old you are, so maybe you remember it being separate when you were young, but Boscombe became part of Bournemouth in 1876 apparently.

https://www.bournemouth.co.uk/explore/history-of-bournemouth#:~:text=The 1870s saw the Winter,own railway station in 1897.

'Villages near Bournemouth were now growing rapidly and in 1876 Boscombe and Springbourne were made part of the town.'

The History of Bournemouth with its rapid expansion is fascinating.

The 'original' Football Club.. was Not in Bournemouth.. Castlemain Rd , the location of their 1st ground is in Pokesdown which was a separate village until 1901.
My great grandfather attended games at Castlemain Rd. ..

To us old fogies anywhere along Ashley Road is Boscombe.

The railway line is the boundary for Boscombe. The part of Ashley Road north of the railway line is Spingbourne.

Although as with Stewie's post above perhaps you're remembering the period begore the railway was built in the 1870s.

I'm not a ' born and bred-er' as moved to the area in the mid '90s so not sure when Boscombe became the area it is now and gained the stigma it has attached to it. It seems such a shame as Boscombe has wonderful beaches, some wonderful large Victorian town houses, lovely traditional Victorian crescents and avenues alongside tghtly knit back streets. Yet when I drive through there inspite of its Victorian heritage it feels, rundown, tacky, dirty, unsavoury and somewhere I just wouldn't want to visit at night. How does it regain it former glories and why was it allowed to descent into such a state?

Oh, I'm not talking about that; no-one bothers changing it. No, I'm talking about the Championship page (and prior to that the Premier League):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_EFL_Championship

Change our name to AFC Bournemouth there and it will soon be reverted. Doesn't happen to any other AFC-prefixed club. Funny thing is, they'll list us before Barnsley alphabetically, though.

I'm not a ' born and bred-er' as moved to the area in the mid '90s so not sure when Boscombe became the area it is now and gained the stigma it has attached to it. It seems such a shame as Boscombe has wonderful beaches, some wonderful large Victorian town houses, lovely traditional Victorian crescents and avenues alongside tghtly knit back streets. Yet when I drive through there inspite of its Victorian heritage it feels, rundown, tacky, dirty, unsavoury and somewhere I just wouldn't want to visit at night. How does it regain it former glories and why was it allowed to descent into such a state?
Boscombe was the Sandbanks of Its day, unfortuately running a 3/4 story house was expensive and most of them now have at least 12 doorbells outside as a result.
The decline happened when the council allowed all the drug addicts to attend various HMO In the area and they never really left.

The History of Bournemouth with its rapid expansion is fascinating.

The 'original' Football Club.. was Not in Bournemouth.. Castlemain Rd , the location of their 1st ground is in Pokesdown which was a separate village until 1901.
My great grandfather attended games at Castlemain Rd. ..

Reference to Boscombe is included in Christopher Saxton's 1574 survey made of possible enemy landing places on the coast of Hampshire; this mentions...

"Bournemouth within the west baye at Christchurch...We finde more a place called Bastowe within the said Baye". Saxton's map of 1575 shows a Copperas House at Bascomb"​

;