Fan punches Grealish

Seems on the Birmingham forum most are disgusted at that toasters actions but some posters were trying to downplay it and others were making fun of Grealish and villa etc but overall they seemed unhappy about it

Players running into the crowd...completely childish and stupid.

Does a chef...having successfully sizzled a sausage...run from the kitchen into the restaurant and throw himself on the customers tables?

Last edited:
Loss of points for Birmingham and series of behind closed door games - punishment needs to provide deterrent at highest level. D**khead was blowing kisses to fans (presumably Birmingham) while being arrested.
First thought was Monica Seles.

Why should the whole club be punished for one fan's idiocy? I would hate it if it were to happen to us...

From what I saw, the guy was blowing kisses to the crowd and I doubt that they were castigating him ... probably encouraging him, more like it. You've got to think that his pals knew what he was going to do, and did nothing to stop him. "Copycat-ism" is always out there, so the punishment has to be a harsh deterrent. "Closed-door" matches have been used in the past. Unfortunate for the many, many good fans who will be affected, I agree.

Why should the whole club be punished for one fan's idiocy? I would hate it if it were to happen to us...

Well, when that 'fan' ends up running/buying the club then currently the whole club gets punished. To draw a crude analogy let's imagine your daughter/niece/sister/whoever gets raped in a nightclub. Of course you are firstly wanting punishment for the rapist, however the nightclub owners must also be placed under scrutiny for creating an environment/atmosphere where that was possible/acceptable

Previously I wasn’t in favour of applying absolute liability to clubs for fans’s behaviour for the reasons you mention. However, the sheer number of these incidents is making me think again.

Whether it’s racist, homophobic or sectarian chanting, throwing objects or now assaulting players, something needs to give. Sure it was just one idiot at Birmingham, but hundreds, maybe more, were cheering and applauding his actions. Far too much hatred in football sadly

Its strange it doesnt happen in Rugby Union or League or in Amercan sports! I say strange...but that means nothing. Some say its because in Rugby the violence is sort of 'in the game' ...but I dont think thats it...rugby seems to attract a vastly different type of bloke or the culture of the game itself is so different...the pace is slower, so the fan is a bit more relaxed and composed ? F' knows!

Its strange it doesnt happen in Rugby Union or League or in Amercan sports! I say strange...but that means nothing. Some say its because in Rugby the violence is sort of 'in the game' ...but I dont think thats it...rugby seems to attract a vastly different type of bloke or the culture of the game itself is so different...the pace is slower, so the fan is a bit more relaxed and composed ? F' knows!

I think it all stems from players being able to swear / shout at refs. Kids do it, Sunday league do it and in the end everyone feels entitled to shout whatever they want from a football stand. Make it like the rugby and respect all around will eventually follow imo, but needs to do be done by FIFA not just our league.

Someone was on the pitch at arsenal after their penalty
Just have missed the news during the day if he rhought it would remain low profile

A chilling thought came to me just now.......if that attack had been involving a knife with a more severe outcome...would the Birmingham fans have cheered that....I want to think not.

During the local non league game yesterday....our No 10 dropped a defender with a headbutt over a dispute with a throw-in. That players small kids were watching as were the kids of the injured player. Both sets of Wags and Mothers ended up on the pitch ! What is happening to football at all levels ?
We have Mass cheating, hyped up players who need treatment for Anxiety....100% biased fans concerning all decisions against their team.
Tonight a Man U fan on the radio chat said " Im not complaining about referees ..blah blah blah... then did exactly that, finishing with " but the ref in Paris got it right" . Priceless!

I think our game of Football is ill.....seeing that stuff in Non league rams it home! And then today in Brum !

Yes its ill Bill. This has to be stamped out. It's becoming more like the baying crowds of ancient Roman games.....

Previously I wasn’t in favour of applying absolute liability to clubs for fans’s behaviour for the reasons you mention. However, the sheer number of these incidents is making me think again.

Whether it’s racist, homophobic or sectarian chanting, throwing objects or now assaulting players, something needs to give. Sure it was just one idiot at Birmingham, but hundreds, maybe more, were cheering and applauding his actions. Far too much hatred in football sadly

Fair enough, I can see your point and perhaps it would be more ideal to punish the collective than the individual... however I would never advocate for a points deduction, only a financial punishment

No points deduction.......not the players or managers fault! or 80% ish of the fans . Thats totally the wrong way !

Send the berk down for a year!
Close the ground for a couple of games...im sure away fans wont be too bothered...the home team wont have any support ..so an advantage for the away side !

;