Final whistle

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
Beat the buzzer

This got me thinking, when is a game officially over, when the ref starts to blow his whistle or at the end of him blowing?
I appreciate it isn't seconds long but it would be long enough for a shot to go in or a red card tackle.

Beat the buzzer

This got me thinking, when is a game officially over, when the ref starts to blow his whistle or at the end of him blowing?
I appreciate it isn't seconds long but it would be long enough for a shot to go in or a red card tackle.
Depends on if you are a top 6 club or not. By the way if you have got too much time on hands you could always take up photography.

It is extremely rare for a ref to blow the final whistle just as a shot is imminent or even a corner is in mid air.
They wait till it is safe to blow.
Yeah totally agree. It was just seeing that clip that got my grey cell overheating!

Its quite amazing how the whistle itself has survived in this technical age.

I think it should be blown to terminate the game Exactly when the calculated time is up irrespective of Where the ball or the passage of play is. Time up is Time up !.....If a penalty was awarded just in those final seconds..ok let them take it ..then blow! but generally..how can there be any logical argument against Time being Up! . Game over. Youve had your chances...go and get changed and try again next week!

Oh now that was interesting, the ref in the Wales game blows just as Slovakia should have had a corner. :)

;