Profit & Sustainability Rules Change

Sky Sports News claiming due to the ruling today regarding QPR ( http://www.skysports.com/share/11096493 ) that both Leicester City and AFC Bournemouth could also be affected...

...can't really see why? We broke FFP accepted the ruling and agreed a payment to the Football League which we paid straight away?

NWCherries98 - 24/10/2017 17:28

I still don't really understand the mechanics of how we broke FFP tbh...

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=427437

We paid a £7.6million fine.

Doesn't affect us at all, we took the fine on the chinm yes we gambled with the Kenwyne Jones loan. But the rest was post promotion doing early business in the form of Mings, Iturbe, Distin, Gradel et al. All the summer stuff was done knowing that Prem money was secure, but didn't match with accounting period so we paid the fine

I think at the time of their recent broadcast, Sky were only referring to the historical fact that the only 2 previous clubs have been fined for breaking fair play rules. That being Leicester and ourselves.

cockbeard - 25/10/2017 09:32

Doesn't affect us at all, we took the fine on the chinm yes we gambled with the Kenwyne Jones loan. But the rest was post promotion doing early business in the form of Mings, Iturbe, Distin, Gradel et al. All the summer stuff was done knowing that Prem money was secure, but didn't match with accounting period so we paid the fine

Yeah and this is "cheating", whereas Brighton being £200 million in debt is completely acceptable.

tednphil - 7/11/2017 08:47

I think at the time of their recent broadcast, Sky were only referring to the historical fact that the only 2 previous clubs have been fined for breaking fair play rules. That being Leicester and ourselves.

Personally I think they were referencing that and adding 2+2 together to make up a story without knowledge of the difference in the cases.

Regarding finances at Leicester but unrelated to FFP:

There now seems to be some kerfuffle between their owners King Power and the Thai Government, with King Power being taken to court by the Government in Thailand, over duties owed to the Government amounting to £323m.

Worth noting that their owners are said to be worth several Billion, so it's possible a few hundred million or whatever settlement they may negotiate, won't exactly bankrupt them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-41966741

Solent have just tweeted this as 'Breaking News'

[B]BBC Solent Sport[/B]‏ @[B]solentsport[/B] 3m3 minutes ago
More
The Football League & #AFCB have reached an agreement regarding the club's breach of financial fair play rules in their 2014/15 promotion winning season The EFL say the Cherries did not make any deliberate attempt break the Rules #AFCB have agreed to pay a £4.75M settlement

I am confused, as I thought this had been sorted way back.

Obviously not.

AFC Bournemouth
More
EFL and AFC Bournemouth reach agreement to settle dispute arising out of financial results of the club in 2014/15.

:utc:

Yes it was reported at the time as having been paid, indeed I believe it was itemised on the accounts the following year, and it was a slightly larger number than 4.75m, it was more like 6.5 or 7.

Perhaps we paid the larger amount up front, but continued to dispute the amount and may now get a little bit back?

It was reported as being sorted but that could simply be slight misreporting and maybe club had agreed with the EFL not to contest it, a la QPR. Meanwhile they made provision for it in the accounts and it's only now the final sum has been settled.

I hope OHEC are going to get a lot more details on this since it would be great to know exactly what is meant by 'the Cherries did not make any deliberate attempt break the Rules'. Is that vindication that the promotion bonuses and post-promotion but pre financial year end transfers took us over the limit and so simply caused a technical breach or what does it mean?

;