Profit & Sustainability Rules Change

According to one site I just read:

"A legal challenge regarding the rules from Queen's Park Rangers resulted in a delay over Bournemouth's punishment, but it has now been revealed that the Cherries will pay a fee of £4.75m."

Ok, on COWS:

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-and-efl-agree-ffp-settlement

"No further details with regards to the settlement will be released. "

Quite simply... why? Surely this should be an open and transparent process?

“In reaching a settlement, the EFL acknowledges that the club did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive.”

Incoming dippy's on social media all wanting a fresh pop at us....

Actually, if anything this should shut them up as the EFL statement saying it wasn't deliberate gives a clearer indication that it wasn't caused by in-season spending. There's no reason for them to say what they said.

I'd lost faith a bit that maybe it was all the promotion bonuses and post-promotion transfers made before the financial year end that caused it but this actually makes it more likely.

Kirsikka.....I admire your positive attitude there........but those wanting to dig at us, won't bother reading the story, they will see the headline only. I bet those over at the Brighton forum will be kicking off, forgetting their own rich owner investing and their huge debt, for starters.

This is terrible PR management of the story. It was done and dusted and now they've apparently decided that the original crime wasn't as bad as first thought - yet here we are with the lead story on multiple formats about AFCB illegally bankrolling their way to the top. It could have been released as "AFCB fine reduced" or released the day after England played but instead they've allowed it to come across as a fresh crime - fuelling the narrative of our dishonest rise to the top. Schoolboy PR.

This is terrible PR management of the story. It was done and dusted and now they've apparently decided that the original crime wasn't as bad as first thought - yet here we are with the lead story on multiple formats about AFCB illegally bankrolling their way to the top. It could have been released as "AFCB fine reduced" or released the day after England played but instead they've allowed it to come across as a fresh crime - fuelling the narrative of our dishonest rise to the top. Schoolboy PR.

Exactly this.

£4.5 million! Could we have added another plastic tier to one of the stands for that? Or a gamble on a decent young Championship defender?
Only money......as Harry Enfield would say! Or was it Loadsamoney?

Now the matter is finalised it would be great if the club came out with a statement to offer some transparency. There seems to be a few sensationalist headlines out there.

;