Fire sale

The ‘obvious’ is that a number of players would leave following relegation.
I was slightly surprised Ramsdale left.
Im sure King will go.
If Brooks had been fit last season I expect he would have gone, maybe now in January.
Having said that if we are around the top Of the table at Christmas he may well stay.
I don’t think you can call it a fire sale.

If we sell King, which is expected, we'll have brought circa £100m into the club with just 4 players sold... You might call that a fire sale... I'd call it good business and helping keeping us afloat for the coming 12 months.

The only thing that is obvious to me is that we should never have been relegated...

Oh bloody hell, not another "fire sale" post, and this one with its own thread :mad:

Look it up, a fire sale consists of selling off loads of assets at rock bottom prices when facing bankruptcy

We've raised good money in the main for the three primary sales thus far, and we need to clear out players who don't want to play for us in the Championship

Tell me why I don't like Mondays. The issue is the more negativity and crap thrown around the place the more it sticks. In case no one noticed the club recently got relegated from the PL. For a club of this size (or any size) things have to be re balanced or adjusted on the finance side. As far as I can see nothing has happened yet that hadn't been forecast on here (Ramsdale aside).

If King goes we need another striker, to me thats a priority and hopefully is to Max and JT.

fire sale

noun

1. a sale of goods remaining after the destruction of commercial premises by fire.
    • a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy.

Not sure either are true. Move on and understand we will always sale players

I find this obsession with signing new players bizarre frankly. It's been said that we need to "signal our intent" and announce some new faces. As if the act of signing a new player for a hefty fee is in itself a requirement of a football club these days. It's not of course, you just need whoever is in your squad to be good enough but people have been convinced by Sky that big money signings are more important than they are.

Wilson King and Ake always certain to go, you’re naive in the extreme if you thought otherwise. Ramsdale sale was disappointing I won’t lie but holding onto the fact that this was sanctioned due to Travers being rated as on a par. If we keep Brooks Danjuma et al then we are in a very strong position, both on the pitch and off it.

Ramsdale was good business, as was Wilson, and Ake.

Ramsdale 1 million to 18 million.
Wilson, 3 million into 20 million.
Ake 20 into 40.

Club like ours does need to do good business, and these deals offset the flops.

King will be 1 million I to 18 million.
Brooks 12 into 36.

We aren't a PL team now but do need to shed assets as the money simply isn't at the same level as the next tier up.

We would love to keep Brooks, but his injury record suggests a sale at 30 odd million now wouldn't be a stupid decision. So expect to see both go.

A fire sale?

Yes.

But it has to be done, and we do have some good players left, some very good players.

;