Fixtures

AFCB_Liam

First Team
I've just been having a look ahead at our fixtures for the season. After we play Man City at home on the 2nd March, we only have 1 fixture against the current Top 6 for the final 10 games.

This season feels like a big congestion of tough fixtures over the winter, but the positive thing is we are still picking up the points in the home games where we should. We all said that winning the Hudders and Brighton games at home was crucial in this run of games and we got the job done. That's been important to keep some momentum and morale. We've also put in some decent performances against big sides, except 2nd half against Liverpool.

Would be nice to pick up some points against one of the big guns at some point (look at Palace on Saturday, you never know!), but I feel that if we can keep winning against the teams around us over the next few weeks, hold on to Ake and Wilson in January and get Smith back from injury, we can really push on. We are only 6 or 7 wins away from our record points total.

I'm probably looking too far ahead, but think it's important to look at the bigger picture of the season given we have 2 rampant teams away from home coming up next who scored 11 goals between them in their last game!

Quite so. People forget the importance of standing back and taking in that wider view. I regret the overall predictability of the PL but it is with regard to top 6 in 90% of cases and the fixture list is one of things I look at with interest, especially the run in.

;