Former player

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
Picked up an old autograph book and saw this photo that got me thinking.
Russell Beardsmore never seems to be mentioned when talking about about former players.
Never mentioned as a great or an okay or a rubbish player. Made 198 appearances with 7 goals.
Just seems to have been lost in time. :grinning:

Attachments

• Beardo 1.jpg
    Beardo 1.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 12
He had a great pedigree and was quite a good signing by us,it always baffled me how we managed to sign him.
I was always underwhelmed by him as a player though,not sure why ,he just didn't excite me.

He had a great pedigree and was quite a good signing by us,it always baffled me how we managed to sign him.
I was always underwhelmed by him as a player though,not sure why ,he just didn't excite me.

indeed, as he did play a fair few times for united. seemed like he could have dropped to championship level and can;t imagine we offered him a lot of money back then.

indeed, as he did play a fair few times for united. seemed like he could have dropped to championship level and can;t imagine we offered him a lot of money back then.
Didn't him and Giggs play at the old Dean court in a testimonial for us? Think he liked the feel of the place off of the back of that.

Smashing bloke, after injury finished his career he stayed on as a youth coach? and/or something to do with the Community trust. Always had time for a a chat whenever we saw him. Bumped into him at some Mway services a couple of seasons ago, came over for a chat. Still loves the club but does hospitality at Old Trafford now, so doesn't get to see us now : )

;