Francis and Surman both gone

farewell to vital members of our most exciting team ever - they had a great time here. in jase we trust!

You have to leave sentiment out of it when making these decisions. Neither player would have featured much next season, and whist I have the utmost respect for their past achievements with Afcb, it really is the right time to let them go and replace with younger talent. We really aren't in a financial position to be retaining dressing room cheerleaders.

I’ve been wondering this. Seems unlikely as the Kelly incident didn’t go down well and Harry has said he wanted to mentally move on. Would love him back though.

I've not seen enough of him to know what his form's been like but I quite like the idea that he'll be given a chance to prove himself.

In a good or bad way?
In a sad way I guess. Didn’t expect all of them to stay but similarly didn’t expect all of them to go. I thought JT might have picked one he thought could give continuity and persevered.

Its interesting me how people who supported JT’s appointment are reacting to these two going by being delighted that the club is taking a new broom approach.

A proper new broom approach would of course have been not promoting the coach of an ill prepared, poorly motivated side.

Still.... you pick and choose your brooms!! (Not you Davygravy)

Two more Legends as I see it.
How can we forget their contributions over the 5 years in the PL plus the Championship and Promotion.
Surman so slick and classy and Franno a good leader and attacking FB for the most part of his time at DC.
Winners!
Probably a good point at which to leave it....and shows decisive moves early in the Tindall Dream.

I get the need for changes, reducing overheads etc., but it's still sad to see given all they've done for the club, without them we wouldn't have got beyond League One I suspect.

Thank you Franno, Drew and Charlie, you will be for ever remembered for what you've done for the club and the fans - great ambassadors!

In a sad way I guess. Didn’t expect all of them to stay but similarly didn’t expect all of them to go. I thought JT might have picked one he thought could give continuity and persevered.

Its interesting me how people who supported JT’s appointment are reacting to these two going by being delighted that the club is taking a new broom approach.

A proper new broom approach would of course have been not promoting the coach of an ill prepared, poorly motivated side.

Still.... you pick and choose your brooms!! (Not you Davygravy)
Oh stop crying ffs. We know you dont like our Jason.

I wish them both well for the future and thank them for their committment to AFCB.

We have some good lads coming through the under 21's and if we don't start to integrate them into the squad it's not much point having a good academy set up.

Personally I think it's the right move.........I wonder how many on here would be howling it's the wrong move , if they had been given extended contracts......little bit dammed if you do dammed if you don't
I keep agreeing with you, sorry!

;