Francis and Surman both gone

It certainly is a shame that Surman 'appears' to have been treated badly here... We don't know the full story and soundbites can often be taken out of context, however, regardless of it being Tindall's decision or not, the very least you would have expected, given how long they have worked together at DC, was a 5 minute chat to say sorry... not my decision (if that was indeed the case) etc. etc.

To say and do nothing is a bit poor...

What the f**k is going on? Did Tindall even know about this, or did he find out from the club website like the rest of us? He said in an interview that decisions would be made this week, but Surman says that Richard Hughes told him 2 weeks ago! This is all pointing towards Tindall being merely a head coach with the director of football (Hughes) pulling through strings
Power grab by Hughes? If so... before or after Eddie’s departure?

We're into rampant speculation now and making 2+2 = 673 but could this be the thing that upset Willo? EH being informed he wouldn't have the same control as before and that prompting him to leave.

I don't think Willo ever spilled those beans.

Some mileage in that assumption for sure. In any case, this is really disappointing to hear. Back to being classic Bournemouth.

We're into rampant speculation now and making 2+2 = 673 but could this be the thing that upset Willo? EH being informed he wouldn't have the same control as before and that prompting him to leave.

I don't think Willo ever spilled those beans.

What the f**k is going on? Did Tindall even know about this, or did he find out from the club website like the rest of us? He said in an interview that decisions would be made this week, but Surman says that Richard Hughes told him 2 weeks ago! This is all pointing towards Tindall being merely a head coach with the director of football (Hughes) pulling through strings

It's certainly an easy to come to assumption.

If that series of events is true, and we have no reason to doubt it, very poor form and not the style we expect from our club.

Does Richard Hughes have a higher profile now with regard to players and has JT evolved into a coach with the Technical Director above him? All very interesting perhaps that is the different direction.
This could be what the board wanted and Eddie was having none of it.

It's keeping hanging on to so many of them that caused our relegation
I think thats a bit harsh, but I do remember thinking about how long some players had been with us on the opening day of the season when we played at West Brom.

I think it was careless, at best, or shabby, at worst, for Jason not to have spoken to Drew, wished him well and so on. I hope that Jason learns from that.

But all this conspiracy stuff seems to be getting out of hand. All I can find is this comment in the Echo article on JT’s “to do” list, printed on 10th August:

The Daily Echo understands Tindall, chief executive Neill Blake and technical director Richard Hughes will sit down for discussions with the trio to discuss their futures.

That was simply wrong. I expect the club was happy for the Echo to believe and repeat it because it effectively shut the story down for a week.

Last edited:
Appoint a second rate manager... get second rate man management skills.

Not surprised by this in the slightest. Players dismayed with his appointment is the informed word on the street. Now we are getting an indication of why.
It’s easy to bash Tindall, but Surman said he was told 2 weeks ago by Richard Hughes!! Tindall had said only last week that they will sit down to discuss the future! It sounds very much like this decision was made over his head, before jumping in to criticise him it’s worth asking, was he even aware of this!? Very worrying all the same

Drew had class and was a gent. Always had time before or after a game for a chat or give an autograph as did Franno.

Sounds like we've gone class less. Shocking if JT hasn't spoken to them both.

Christ, he's off with the 'told you so' before a ball has been kicked.

But then again, I told you he would. ;-)

Could see it coming a mile off. It was obvious as soon as JT was appointed that he wasn't going to call Surman following his release... apparently.

Not overly surprised they have been released but all three have been great servants for AFCB and should most definitely get some ‘wall space’.

Very worrying if it’s true JT hasn’t spoken to Surman though. Management involves the difficult conversations so hope that is rectified ASAP by him.

Question now is who replaces Francis and Surman as the ‘fickle fans’ scapegoats?

;