Freddie Woodman

Ramsdale don't wanna be anywhere near DC...that's already been evident by his f√cking off...and we don't need the prat back ...so maybe we can draw a line under that.. and get back to the Forum worrying its nuts off about the impending transfer of Our man(?) Demarai Gray...DemaraiGate ! Sheesh - Zzzzzzz Matters Rule OK !

Not for the 1st time we will disagree and probably won't be the last.WBA 2 goals v Luton yesterday were from a corner and a long throw maybe Luton also should change their keeper.
If he can’t command his area then yes, they probably should

If he can’t command his area then yes, they probably should
What does commanding an area actual entail? Are you saying he should be shouting to his team mates and captain to make sure they are better positioned to deal with stuff or do you mean he has to be off his line to clear every dangerous cross that comes into the box. Genuinely want to know as I think 'commanding the box' is a cliché that does not actually descibe how to?

What does commanding an area actual entail? Are you saying he should be shouting to his team mates and captain to make sure they are better positioned to deal with stuff or do you mean he has to be off his line to clear every dangerous cross that comes into the box. Genuinely want to know as I think 'commanding the box' is a cliché that does not actually descibe how to?
It means that there are moments when a keeper should be coming off of his line to deal with crosses and relieve pressure on his defence. Against WBA there were a few moments where Travers should have been dealing with balls into his box. Obviously a keeper can’t come for every cross. In fairness to Travers he did this better against Forest.

Reactions: DJ
Megan for example messed up many times last year and who knows we might be in the premier except for his fully dallying v brentford.he played well yesterday and most are glad he is in the team.yet a young keeper doesn't get the same time from some of the fans ion here.kiljenny lost a ballin midfield and nearly cost a goal but no doubt he is a good player .for me travers wi come good and command if we give him the time

It means that there are moments when a keeper should be coming off of his line to deal with crosses and relieve pressure on his defence. Against WBA there were a few moments where Travers should have been dealing with balls into his box. Obviously a keeper can’t come for every cross. In fairness to Travers he did this better against Forest.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would agree there were moments in both games where he Could have come out. I hope you will agree that neither of of us knows what he has been instructed to do. I would need to know that he wasn't asked to trust his back four to do their jobs and be more cautious, so can't personally fault him. Same as any player, really, if they are doing what's asked it often gets misunderstood if we see a different possibility.

Still no way he should need to come out for their goal but sadly Kelly got his body facing wrong way and despite being in the right area was turning when he needed to jumping. But that's okay, because he can learn from it too.

Megan for example messed up many times last year and who knows we might be in the premier except for his fully dallying v brentford.he played well yesterday and most are glad he is in the team.yet a young keeper doesn't get the same time from some of the fans ion here.kiljenny lost a ballin midfield and nearly cost a goal but no doubt he is a good player .for me travers wi come good and command if we give him the time
Are most glad that Mepham is in the team? Of course all players will make mistakes, but goal keeper is a position where these mistakes are going to cost you dearly. It’s not just me who believe he isn’t ready yet by the way, the club also clearly don’t believe he is either, hence why we tried/are trying to bring in Woodman.

Are most glad that Mepham is in the team? Of course all players will make mistakes, but goal keeper is a position where these mistakes are going to cost you dearly. It’s not just me who believe he isn’t ready yet by the way, the club also clearly don’t believe he is either, hence why we tried/are trying to bri
Are most glad that Mepham is in the team? Of course all players will make mistakes, but goal keeper is a position where these mistakes are going to cost you dearly. It’s not just me who believe he isn’t ready yet by the way, the club also clearly don’t believe he is either, hence why we tried/are trying to bring in Woodman.
Well Parker for the moment has faith and I hope he keeps it.

Silly thing to say, what choice does he have right now?

I know, also just because ramsdale was good enough to get the chance, doesnt mean every young player on our books gets the same chance, like some have insinuated.

Maybe Travers isn't quite there yet. Not every keeper at that age has the same ability/potential.

I think a lot of keepers are going to struggle dealing with WBA's ariel threat tbh.....I certainly don't think Woodman would be any different....as I said at the start of this thread he's nothing special....the conceding the least goals in the Championship stat was very misleading....he also faced the least amount of shots and his save per shot ratio was just average..... Travers will get better the more games he plays and tbf he'd look a lot better at dealing with crosses if our defender's offered him some sort of protection in that area..... it's worth pointing out that we had one of the poorest records in the league at dealing with set pieces last season even with Bego.

I think a lot of keepers are going to struggle dealing with WBA's ariel threat tbh.....I certainly don't think Woodman would be any different....as I said at the start of this thread he's nothing special....the conceding the least goals in the Championship stat was very misleading....he also faced the least amount of shots and his save per shot ratio was just average..... Travers will get better the more games he plays and tbf he'd look a lot better at dealing with crosses if our defender's offered him some sort of protection in that area..... it's worth pointing out that we had one of the poorest records in the league at dealing with set pieces last season even with Bego.

Think woodman is a very promising young keeper and has better experience at this point than travers, who will also have a decent career in the game, and it shows . I do think woodman was helped last season by the defensive set up of Swansea

Last edited:
Silly thing to say, what choice does he have right now?
How is it silly,Parker has had pre season and up to now to bring another keeper in.I know we don't have money to spend but surely the chief scout would have more than Wildman to present as a alternative

Why can't we show faith in travers like the other youngsters.dont think he has cost us and has the making of a very good keeper.

Not convinced Woodman is much better. If the coaches can get Trsvers racing of his line aggressively, then that will help.

Everything you say there. Being the boss. Swearing at his defenders when they cock up. Letting them know exactly what he wants. Racing out more and being decisive.

surely the chief scout would have more than Wildman to present as a alternative
I love how people always assume that, just because nobody has joined, it means someone's not doing their job properly. Why do you assume Woodman is the only prospect put forward by the scouting team? For all you know we've tried two or three who haven't been released or didn't want to come.

;