Gary Cahill

Some of the disrespect towards Cahill is pathetic. He's won the CL, the PL, FA Cup, League Cup. He's not in his prime anymore but we're not Chelsea are we. Yeah he's bit older now but played pretty every game for Palace last season in PL and is a great leader of men and very good at scoring headers from corners aswell.
A Palace supporting mate of mine raves about him, hell certainly bring a lot to the club on and off the pitch. For someone like Ibsen-Rossi and Kelly, this is a great chance to learn from someone who's done it all.

I was a bit underwhelmed initially. However, having watched their respective interviews on COWS I am enthused. This is because there was a clear consistency between SP and GC about the whats and whys of the move. Not down to media training either.

It may not work out but the Club and management team appear to have a realistic plan which the players seem overwhelmingly to be buying into. I look forward to seeing Cahill on the pitch pre match. Plus I am looking forward to today’s match more than any other I’ve been to or watched in a very long time.

Some of the disrespect towards Cahill is pathetic. He's won the CL, the PL, FA Cup, League Cup. He's not in his prime anymore but we're not Chelsea are we. Yeah he's bit older now but played pretty every game for Palace last season in PL and is a great leader of men and very good at scoring headers from corners aswell.
And don’t forget those two old codgers in defence for Italy in the Euros
I think one of them is even older

Firstly, if our defenders can't learn and improve from a player of his calibre and pedigree, they're not going to have glittering careers in football. Remember he's been schooled in the defensive dark arts by the master, John Terry : )
Secondly, who better to marshal the troops to repel the airborne bombardment from the likes of Cardiff, when defending a one goal lead in the last 10 minutes.
: )

Gary Cahill is basically Steve Cook but without the regular lapses in concentration and the added ability to act as a leader. You need consistency and dependability in this position and that’s exactly what Cahill will provide. Love Cookie for what he’s done for us but he’s always struggled to maintain his performances week in week out and to stay switched on and focused for an entire game. Cahill is a clear upgrade imo.

Could he and Christie be the missing parts that Kermit gave us in the Championship last time we won that league?

I must admit, it did seem strange when Cahill came up for the corners and he wasn't wearing a Chelsea shirt.
Thought he was excellent today.

He was so coooool. He was telling Smithy to calm down, and he did, he even bossed captain Kelly and told him where to put a pass and Kelly promptly did what he was told lol. Normally after 2-0 I begin to panic but we were so astute in our movement. He made Barnsley chase for everything and then he passed the ball. It was a pleasure to watch. if the young players wish it they can learn so much.

So long as Kelly and Cahill are ok about it, I'd say stay as we are.

It gives us two leaders in the heart of defense.

A slight concern is how frustrated Pearson, another potential captain, got this afternoon.
He was visibly pissed off with being bypassed time and time again as we played out from the back

;