General sale tickets

It certainly would.....they'd be giving them away.

Having a dedicated section for 500 odd kids+parents going year by year round the local schools would probably pay off in the long run as you convert some of the kids to full time fans when they're adults.

Having said that, there is still no financial case that supports buying and expanding the stadium, so unless a mega rich life long supporter buys it (e.g. Tony Bloom and Brighton) I simply don't see it happening.

Ask anyone who isn’t completely au faux with how the ticket system works, hasn’t been for a few seasons, or is completely new and they simple believe getting tickets is impossible so they don’t even try anymore. It doesn’t even register as a thought or possibility.

An expanded stadium, even a modest one of up to 16,000 brings those supporters back into play. Along with groups of lads and lasses who want to go and sit together, new families etc.

If your only thought was purely expanding the match going fan base for the medium and long term future you’d make the ground bigger.

We all know immediate financial returns you don’t, which is why we’re in the position we are.

It certainly would.....they'd be giving them away.
How did you work that out? We’ve sold out every league game we’ve played since 2015. As far as I am aware, there’s only about 6 other clubs in the whole of the UK who can claim that.

No point in repeating what has already been said so many times on other threads, but the case of sufficient demand for an extended capacity could barely be any clearer.

How did you work that out? We’ve sold out every league game we’ve played since 2015. As far as I am aware, there’s only about 6 other clubs in the whole of the UK who can claim that.

No point in repeating what has already been said so many times on other threads, but the case of sufficient demand for an extended capacity could barely be any clearer.
Since 2015.... exactly my point.....as a PL team we had no trouble selling out yet now we're in the Championship tickets are on general sale......if we had a bigger stadium now would we fill it with just our own fanbase?

Since 2015.... exactly my point.....as a PL team we had no trouble selling out yet now we're in the Championship tickets are on general sale......if we had a bigger stadium now would we fill it with just our own fanbase?

We’re still selling out, which shows the demand is still there. The difference is it’s not the same 10,000 that are getting tickets every week and some may now be in a position to be patient, wait to buy a ticket and to go with someone new etc.

Im really struggling to understand the argument here. Are you saying that because we’re now selling out during the period of general sale instead of selling out during the period of 1-5 points that it’s an indicator that the demand isn’t there to fill a stadium? By definition a sell out regardless of when it is achieved in the selling window means that demand exceeds supply…..it’s not rocket science.

Im really struggling to understand the argument here. Are you saying that because we’re now selling out during the period of general sale instead of selling out during the period of 1-5 points that it’s an indicator that the demand isn’t there to fill a stadium? By definition a sell out regardless of when it is achieved in the selling window means that demand exceeds supply…..it’s not rocket science.
We are selling out home seats, although watching the WBA game on tv, I was amazed at all the empty seats.
If only we could find a way to accommodate the smaller away attendances ( like Blackpool ) and free up more seats for the home support.

We are selling out home seats, although watching the WBA game on tv, I was amazed at all the empty seats.
If only we could find a way to accommodate the smaller away attendances ( like Blackpool ) and free up more seats for the home support.
The empty seats is frustrating, and probably a symptom of the club not having an easy process for supporters to resale their season tickets when they can’t attend. You’d think it would pretty easy to add an option on the ticket portal where you can indicate games that you can’t attend, with a credit then placed on your account to compensate you. It would be a win win solution.

I'm not talking about filling our current stadium .....I'm questioning whether we'd fill a bigger stadium now that demand for tickets isn't at the same level as in our PL years..... whether we're still selling out now is irrelevant.... tickets being on general sale doesn't suggest that there is the surplus demand that would warrant a bigger stadium.

I'm not talking about filling our current stadium .....I'm questioning whether we'd fill a bigger stadium now that demand for tickets isn't at the same level as in our PL years..... whether we're still selling out now is irrelevant.... tickets being on general sale doesn't suggest that there is the surplus demand that would warrant a bigger stadium.
Why does tickets going to general sale suggest there isn’t surplus demand? I’m sorry but I’m really struggling with this argument. West Brom sold out 15 mins after going to general sale ffs! If that doesn’t scream excess demand that would warrant a bigger stadium then I don’t know what does!

I guess maybe to put it another way, what would it take to convince you the demand is there to warrant a bigger stadium?

;