General sale tickets

Ticket portal is showing tickets available for the Barnsley game in the away section of the east stand. Haven’t seen it advertised anywhere, but I guess the club may have put in place arrangements to keep the Barnsley fans in just 1-2 blocks given the low number of away tickets sold, and then sell the end blocks to home fans. Thing is, this only really works if the club advertises it…how many people are going onto the portal to check for tickets for for a sold out game?

Ticket portal is showing tickets available for the Barnsley game in the away section of the east stand. Haven’t seen it advertised anywhere, but I guess the club may have put in place arrangements to keep the Barnsley fans in just 1-2 blocks given the low number of away tickets sold, and then sell the end blocks to home fans. Thing is, this only really works if the club advertises it…how many people are going onto the portal to check for tickets for for a sold out game?

Sounds great and every extra seat sold is a bonus. Still 2 working days to advertise it.

Seems like Cardiff could sell out with the extra block added as well so a decent support there... Should be a tough game but always helped by a decent backing...

Yes. Possible.

However, many arguments against it: extra capacity likely meant we have to give more away seats so not all home fans benefit; logistics might mean giving away fans spaces behind the goal whereas thinking was keep down the sides to reduce any benefit for away side; tied us to vitality/dc when club considered other locations; fear landlord pushes up the price to buy back the ground as worth more as a whole even if we haven’t developed other 3/4 of it etc

…..still think Eddie Mitchell would have done it!

I've just had a look and can anyone recall if a price for the proposed new Ted Shed in 2016 was ever banded about... I cannot find it in any press pages...

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...n-for-their-new-stand-by-the-end-of-the-year/

I am massively speculating here, but from memory this stand was to be purely a shell, so basically a 3000 extra seat upgrade on what we currently have... But as permanent as a temporary stand could get...

Surely, something like this, in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't cost stupid money...??? I really don't know, so this is as much a question as a statement...

I've just had a look and can anyone recall if a price for the proposed new Ted Shed in 2016 was ever banded about... I cannot find it in any press pages...

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...n-for-their-new-stand-by-the-end-of-the-year/

I am massively speculating here, but from memory this stand was to be purely a shell, so basically a 3000 extra seat upgrade on what we currently have... But as permanent as a temporary stand could get...

Surely, something like this, in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't cost stupid money...??? I really don't know, so this is as much a question as a statement...

when in prem wasn’t a lot of investment but the downsides I quoted show maybe it wasn’t just a financial investment decision

when in prem wasn’t a lot of investment but the downsides I quoted show maybe it wasn’t just a financial investment decision

I personally don't have a problem with away fans being placed behind the goal... The statistics might show small marginal gains of shooting to your own fans each home game, but are the gains really worth not expanding?

The sensible solution would be to make the East stand all home fans, and use the NS for away fans... It was always designed to house away fans and with separate concourses, it can easily be segregated for small away contingencies and include half of it as pay on the gate home fans...

All ST holders from the NS will be relocated to identical seats (if they want them) in the new BIGGER South stand... #simples...

Now just f*cking build it already...

james_AFCB said:

Have they all gone? Just seeing Cardiff tickets next up.

Last edited:
I personally don't have a problem with away fans being placed behind the goal... The statistics might show small marginal gains of shooting to your own fans each home game, but are the gains really worth not expanding?

The sensible solution would be to make the East stand all home fans, and use the NS for away fans... It was always designed to house away fans and with separate concourses, it can easily be segregated for small away contingencies and include half of it as pay on the gate home fans...

All ST holders from the NS will be relocated to identical seats (if they want them) in the new BIGGER South stand... #simples...

I don’t think they wanted to give away fans a whole end so could set up with an enlarged south end being split between home/away or giving more of east stand to away fans as their Allocation increases.

I am with you, if we have ruled out leaving this site then modest investment to raise capacity make sense. Eddie Mitchell had his faults but would have got more fans into the ground.

I used to work in a consultancy that provided transport advise to sports teams/stadia in terms of expansions or new grounds so I have a little expertise in this area. It is quite clear that we could easily have a 20k stadium and probably as much as 25k. Unfortunately the financial return isn’t there compared to TV money so limited chance of it happening.

I don’t think they wanted to give away fans a whole end so could set up with an enlarged south end being split between home/away or giving more of east stand to away fans as their Allocation increases.

I am with you, if we have ruled out leaving this site then modest investment to raise capacity make sense. Eddie Mitchell had his faults but would have got more fans into the ground.
There's some real re-writing of history going on here. We may have got more fans in the ground but I'm not sure what team they'd be watching.

Absolutely. The NS has the police cells, is nearest the Wessex Way and was always intended for Away supporters.

A shiny new Ted Shed, with rail seating and no designated seat numbers, would allow for a noisy bunch to gather together and generally offer a better volume of support.

Obviously there's the slight issue of the very expensive ground works, required before erecting a larger structure at that end but a Walker Stand height thing, would be good.

Absolutely. The NS has the police cells, is nearest the Wessex Way and was always intended for Away supporters.

A shiny new Ted Shed, with rail seating and no designated seat numbers, would allow for a noisy bunch to gather together and generally offer a better volume of support.

Obviously there's the slight issue of the very expensive ground works, required before erecting a larger structure at that end but a Walker Stand height thing, would be good.
I would have thought that they could fit a massive stand in there or a two tiered stand with executive boxes as I'm sure that a previous idea was to slap a hotel onto the back of a stand.

That's a non-starter, isn't it? Part of safe standing means you don't have a choice where you go.

That's a non-starter, isn't it? Part of safe standing means you don't have a choice where you go.

No reason why it should be. As long as peeps in rows, isn't > seats available, should be fine.
Rail-seats, are what makes for safe standing, as it's effectively a continuous crush-barrier, every row.

There's some real re-writing of history going on here. We may have got more fans in the ground but I'm not sure what team they'd be watching.
Don’t think history being re written Rob. Care to expand on this?

Not talking about a whole new ground. An extended south end was a relatively modest cost vs some of our prem spend and would not have damaged too much the cost of the playing squad. Could have used training ground purchase money for starters.

If we had the upgraded the academy and increased the stadium capacity, we'd still be in the championship, with a much brighter future imo but we'll see what happens.

If we had the upgraded the academy and increased the stadium capacity, we'd still be in the championship, with a much brighter future imo but we'll see what happens.

I like the idea of upgrading them, who wouldn;t, but at what cost? Would we have had to offload more players, would we have been able to sign Christie, Cahill etc?

Would we go into freefall as a result?

Stadium would increase stature, but then it doesn;t seem to effect us being able to attract decent players and a manager like Parker. Of less importance than previous generations maybe? But then getting more fans in would be a big plus in itself.

As mentioned before, a modest increase by developing a huge South Stand in theory seems within our grasps, without breaking the bank.

Really difficult one to call imo.

;