Girona ( a)

Only my opinion.....but think he was booked for the foul , then there seemed to be an argument about standing behind the sprayed line ,then he got a second yellow,
Weird for a so called friendly

Simpson was complaining about the defender being too close to the wall, I thought he put his hands or when he backed towards him. New role this year about joining the wall maybe ref didn't see it, have yellow for dissent about wall, then changed to feed for what they saw as a push??? Just how I read it anyway, also agree petty as hell

Simpson was complaining about the defender being too close to the wall, I thought he put his hands or when he backed towards him. New role this year about joining the wall maybe ref didn't see it, have yellow for dissent about wall, then changed to feed for what they saw as a push??? Just how I read it anyway, also agree petty as hell

But the ref then did the VAR signal was it reviewed? The commentator said it was upgraded as he was deemed to be the last man

Offical comment on Twitter is that the initial yellow was upgraded to a straight red. That's the club's understanding it seems.

Absolutely barmey to give a straight red in a friendly for a shirt pull you'd think.

Especially given that nasty tackle earlier that wasn't even given as a foul.

I dint think the director spoke to VAR for the replay though. Unless he got the yellow for dissent, then the ref cancelled it and gave red for DOGSO

;