Good news thread

My wife told me there was a twitter of a 90+ year-old being wheeled out of Poole Hospital with the staff applauding after surviving this virus.

Last edited:
I counted 10 newts in our little pond on Wednesday ( most I've ever seen before was 2 ). Checked up on them and told the Good Lady they were Common Newts. Her reply was "Oh no, we're not having chav newts in our pond. Common implies they fornicate in there without regard to who's looking. Better to refer to them as Bohemian newts." So we have 10 Boho' newts in our pond : )

I counted 10 newts in our little pond on Wednesday ( most I've ever seen before was 2 ). Checked up on them and told the Good Lady they were Common Newts. Her reply was "Oh no, we're not having chav newts in our pond. Common implies they fornicate in there without regard to who's looking. Better to refer to them as Bohemian newts." So we have 10 Boho' newts in our pond : )

if one of them keeps swimming down the right hand side, and scoring the occasional own goal.... that'll be mark newton

Takes me back to my childhood trying to catch newts on horseshoe common with a worm tied to a piece of cotton....oh the joy of putting a great crested newt into my jam jar!....told my father that I needed a pond for them and after pricing up a few different options he buried an old freezer in the garden :D.

Used to Cath newts in the pond at QP golf course. Trust a net and scrape round the edges. This was years ago before you'd get your net full of crisp bags an shopping trolleys.

She turned me into a newt...

... I got better.

If I had a newt
I’d have a pursuit.

;