Good news thread

FOUR hedgehogs in the garden last night

View attachment 7762

Just an update to what we were discussing, we saw some droppings in the garden and thought they were hedgehog droppings, but as we hadn’t been feeding them we’re not 100% certain.

So moved webcam we had set up watching a Robin nesting box we put up but after nosing around it, Robin has not yet taken up residency.

Over night a solitary hedgehog has turned up, probably enough natural food plus we always have water bowls for the birds to get a drink.

Just an update to what we were discussing, we saw some droppings in the garden and thought they were hedgehog droppings, but as we hadn’t been feeding them we’re not 100% certain.

So moved webcam we had set up watching a Robin nesting box we put up but after nosing around it, Robin has not yet taken up residency.

Over night a solitary hedgehog has turned up, probably enough natural food plus we always have water bowls for the birds to get a drink.

not sure our spoilt hogs know what a slug is

Life's getting back to normal, after a couple of covid years and the 2 before that missed because the High St was to crowded to push a wheelchair through the hungry throngs, we went to the Christchurch Food Festival on the Quomps today. Not a cheap day out but I love eating food al fresco, we got there about 11 stayed 'til 1-30, it was very busy, with loads more people streaming down the High St towards it, when we left : )

Obviously loads of food stalls but music playing at the Boathouse end, big TV screens showing some celebrations up London way : ), the cooking demonstrations' mega-gazebo in the middle and 2 stages down the Rowing club end. One occupied with a.n.other Rock Choir. The other, straight out of Craggy Island, a farmer and his " Show Sheep ", they end the show with a dance : )
( Although the farmer presenting it, is raising money for a farmers mental health charity )

Basically it's great to be getting back to doing what was, thoughtlessly, regarded as "normal". The Good Lady and myself have been lucky enough to go to a gig last week, The Pet Shop Boys, who (despite my reservations) were brilliant, 2 hours of "greatest hits" and an adoring crowd having a great time : )

Spent a day in Bath helping our daughter celebrate her 30th, very heart warming to see her so happy now, after some serious mental health problems from early teen years. Also our lad is slowly showing signs of shaking off the worst of his CFS ( or I might be getting ahead of myself there, not being a medical expert an' all, but being unqualified isn't a hinderance on the Internet is it? ) : )

All this after having one of the, if not the, most enjoyable seasons following the Cherries around this green and pleasant land. I know our club's not perfect but it's bloody wonderful being part of the "Cherries family" ( As you might be able to tell, I've been out in the sun today and drinking this evening ) Enjoy the weekend and be kind : )

First time I saw Osprey’s was at Loch Garten.

A pair of wild Ospreys have hatched young at a secret nest site in Poole Harbour, which is the first to hatch in southern Britain for 200 years. The successful hatching is a result of an Osprey reintroduction program that’s being carried out by Dorset based charity Birds of Poole Harbour and conservation organisation the Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation.

https://www.birdsofpooleharbour.co....-the-first-in-southern-britain-for-200-years/

;