Grabban v Afobe....

Grabs will remain a championship journeyman and earn decent coin .Can see Adobe ending up in League 1 wondering where it all went wrong .

What next for Afobe now Wolves have been promoted to the PL?

Realisation will soon dawn that he won't be there next season as I can't see them wanting to sign him permanently. Then he'll probably cry in his car again.

Still, I'm sure someone else will take him on loan.

His finish was instinctive with no thought.
Always looked ok at that sort of finish.
It's when he has time to engage brain that he turns to ****************.

He would be a decent back up for them. Seems to like it there and scores goals. 10m doesn't get you top class strikers any more

Great news if we can offload for 10 mill !!! I almost feel like going out to my car for a little cry :cry:

Afobe superbly controlled a long pass with his first touch. Alnwick initially appeared to check the scorer's run but Afobe came out of the challenge with the ball, rolling it into an unguarded net from 12 yards for his sixth goal since moving to the West Midlands.

Grabban scores a brace too.

Afobe superbly controlled a long pass with his first touch. Alnwick initially appeared to check the scorer's run but Afobe came out of the challenge with the ball, rolling it into an unguarded net from 12 yards for his sixth goal since moving to the West Midlands.

Grabban scores a brace too.
Grab looked really good yesterday

Remember both of these players are playing for sides in the Championship and the opposition is a different standard to when you get in the Premier League, better defenders etc.

I mentioned Glenn Murray on another post, he has proved himself in the Championship when he went to Brighton and now in the Premier League.

Both Afobe and Grabban in their time with us have yet to prove they can do the same in the PL.

Afobe if Wolves sign him from us may do better at Wolves, the club where Eddie signed him from and might fit in more with their style like Murray in his time at Brighton and Palace, but not with us.

Amazed that someone has told Afobe how to speak about your parent club, or Eddie's no comment earlier in the week had the same effect there as it did here

Afobe said: “Obviously I’m contracted to Bournemouth, I’ve had a great time there and I’m only on loan.
“I’ve got to show respect to Bournemouth so we’ll have to look and see what happens in the summer. It has been great here from day one and to be top of the league and promoted with three games is to go is unreal.
“The manager and staff have been great and it’s been an unbelievable experience.”

See the quality of goals by both Grabban and Afobe yesterday. Class strikes in any league - and might give Eddie pause for thought before either is sold. Maybe, like Fraser at Ipswich, a spell in the Championship has done the trick.

DING DING DING we have a winner
Grabban with 15 appearances, 8 goals and an assist in a mid table Villa team
Afobe with 16 appearances, 6 goals and no assists in free scoring table topping Wolves

;