Half way. Good season or not ?

I think we’ve definitely progressed.

Current form aside, we have the strongest squad we’ve ever had, full of exciting youthful players like Brooks, Ake and Cook- could be a Premier League core for years to come. Even with the injuries we have atm, we’ve put in some good performances. We get a strong finish and we probably break our record points tally- regardless of where we finish.

Feels like our Youth Academy is catching up to where we are now too. Simpson is a valued squad member, Scrimshaw is banging them in for fun, EH has earmarked Ofoborh and Taylor for big things. Sam Surridge (or as Oldham knew him, the League 2 Shearer) looks a fantastic prospect. And personally, I’ve been really impressed with the progress of Brennan Camp.

Lots to be happy about, lots to be excited about. :utc:

The fact that we are still getting onto a pitch with Liverpool and Chelsea etc .....and Villa, Leeds, Derby, QPR and Nottingham Forest are not ..is something to be grateful for.....and look where those clubs who messed us up in the 60s and 70s are....Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Coventry, b'astard Gillingham, Northampton, Notts County......and even Pompey not guaranteed promotion this season!
Plus....this situation could carry on unlimited if we get lucky!

But then others have said he wont be so effective if he lays off his usual tackling....which is what we needed after Arter left...its a difficult which way puzzle I'd say.......

What exactly is the puzzle? We need Lerma in the side so you play him every game he is available.

Hopefully he won't get banned but even if he does he plays in the vast majority of games in any season.

Our results and performances against the top 6 have been the worst since we gained promotion.

P.10. W.1. D.0. L.9. F.9. A.30. P. 3.

Whilst our performances against the othe 13 clubs have been encouraging, the above statistics against the top 6, must be far and away the worst of the 13 other club.
Every pre season, EH has stated his commitment to perform better against top 6, but this season's results have been depressing and somewhat embarrassing.

He might say that but when it comes down to it points against the other 13 are more important than points against the top six. Games against top six sides are just a free roll and personality I am quite bored of playing them.

He might say that but when it comes down to it points against the other 13 are more important than points against the top six. Games against top six sides are just a free roll and personality I am quite bored of playing them.

My thoughts entirely.

Although I'd be far more bored if we played the top 6 and parked the bus.

We'd only lose 1-0, but what fun is there in that?

I think we’ve definitely progressed.

Current form aside, we have the strongest squad we’ve ever had, full of exciting youthful players like Brooks, Ake and Cook- could be a Premier League core for years to come. Even with the injuries we have atm, we’ve put in some good performances. We get a strong finish and we probably break our record points tally- regardless of where we finish.

Feels like our Youth Academy is catching up to where we are now too. Simpson is a valued squad member, Scrimshaw is banging them in for fun, EH has earmarked Ofoborh and Taylor for big things. Sam Surridge (or as Oldham knew him, the League 2 Shearer) looks a fantastic prospect. And personally, I’ve been really impressed with the progress of Brennan Camp.

Lots to be happy about, lots to be excited about. :utc:
I've been impressed with our young right back Charlie Seaman who at 18 is getting regular game time on loan at Dundee United

Looks like others have changed their minds from what they’ve posted previously on this thread.

Still think we’ve got a good chance of about 15 points from final 9 games.

Beat Palace and we will have taken 14 points from the final 9 games.

Incredible really considering the injuries and a couple of poor performances.

;