Harry Arter

After suffering the tragedy I realise that Harry and his partner wanted to distance themselves from the area. Will he ever be ready to resume his career back here or is grief still making it difficult? Only they will know that. Personally I'd like to see him back if he could be the player he was at the top of his form.

widely accepted he doesn't want to be here for understandable personal reasons, but as no-one's come in for him, at what point do we have to come to agreement; either he plays and sees his contract out or we cancel his contract (no idea as to the mechanics of that)?

the current situation isn't doing either party any good

florist interested in a permanent deal according to KT the other night - if personal circumstances mean he doesn't want to be around Bournemouth or at the club then some sort of allowances will have to be made

widely accepted he doesn't want to be here for understandable personal reasons, but as no-one's come in for him, at what point do we have to come to agreement; either he plays and sees his contract out or we cancel his contract (no idea as to the mechanics of that)?

the current situation isn't doing either party any good
How do you cancel a contract?
Both sides just agree to end it? Harry can leave on a free but doesn't get paid by us anymore?

I guess that's the gist of it... You agree to cancel by mutal agreement, but whilst Harry doesn't want to be here, he'll still want to be paid by someone... Cancelling a contract is not really in either party's best interest... We'll want a token fee and he'll want to jump from one employer to another pretty much straight away...

I'm hoping that he just gets his head down, works hard, plays out his skin for 12 months, or until someone does come in for him, and everyone is happy...

Would we even demand a fee?
If his wages are high, letting him go with no transfer fee would still be beneficial.

Yes to a fee because, unlike Begovic, his wages aren't so off-the-scale that everyone will baulk at the idea of taking him on. Meanwhile, he's continued to prove himself effective over the past two seasons.

If he was available on a free I'd imagined he'd have offers from 10-15 clubs in England.

£30k/week (IIRC) puts him in the bracket of an expensive Championship player or equivalent to a top league squad player in some of the bigger European leagues. By demanding a fee on top we may scare off most of the aforementioned 10-15 clubs but there should still be one or two that bite.

With Begovic his wages put him beyond the reach of a large proportion of clubs right across Europe and he hasn't really played much since he lost our number one position. Prior to that he's out of form. So he carries a lot of risk at a very high salary cost. Hence the seeming lack of takers.

I know Harry's situation is unique, and he obviously still wants away, but selling a player, who could be our best midfielder, to a a promotion rival is a bitter pill to swallow...
Totally agree. I'd be very disappointed in the club selling / giving Arter to a direct top half rival, makes no logical sense at all. Even for a good fee, but who knows if we'll get much. I know there's a lot of water under the bridge and sentiment suggests letting him do whatever, but promotion challenges are not built on sentiment. I dont think we've found the right balance in midfield ourselves yet.

Surely the best move is to engineer a move back to Fulham?

Think with their promotion to the PL even though his brother-in-law is the manager might have put paid to that.

Imagine the reaction from our fans if that was our club and we did that.

Is Arter good enough for the PL? If so think Fulham knowing he could be off to Nottingham Forest would have stepped in by now.

King is mentioned.

View from a couple of Fulham fans.

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=75585.msg1164785#msg1164785

;