Harry Arter

It seems whoever isn't playing is always the solution to any problem.
Yes exactly, Arter, pugh, all the u21s, surridge surman.
Not sure anyone gets it, arter doesn't want to play for us. Yes in a meaningless cup game where we can rest players and he can be in the shop window. But that's it.

Let's be honest, he'd have been great to have as part of the squad but he didn't want to be due to non-footballing reasons so moving him on frees up more budget for us to spend. That's good for us, even if he has ended up at a rival club. There was no point stock piling him in case he helped someone else but, at the same time, not being able to play him or use the money he'd be taking up.

It's easy to keep latching on to the Kelly tackle but that's in the past. Instead there are so many wonderful memories of him to recall. However, for this moment which is the absolute epitome of shithousery in a game against a club where there was some real niggle, I shall always salute him.

https://www.thesun.ie/video/footbal...to-leave-the-ball-and-miss-a-shooting-chance/

It brings a beautific smile to my face to imagine how the Watford fans would have been spitting feathers.

Harry, thank you and good luck. Only not at our expense.

Great memories. I went from praying he wouldn’t start to being gutted when he couldn’t play. The full gannet of emotions! Some defining moments for our club came mostly from his ‘weak’ foot.

Shame he has gone to a direct competitor...

Great memories. I went from praying he wouldn’t start to being gutted when he couldn’t play. The full gannet of emotions! Some defining moments for our club came mostly from his ‘weak’ foot.

Shame he has gone to a direct competitor...

Same, I remember he got sent off early in his career after picking up yet another stupid red card and I thought that was it for him. He went out on loan.

When he started playing under Howe he'd play him in a midfield two and I didn't think he had enough to his game, but slowly he made that position his own.

A brilliant player and although his form dropped in recent years it's a real shame that for whatever reason we couldn't give him a proper chance this season.

Is this all about location? If he needed to be in London, is this that much closer? Must admit I have to really study map to even find London, so these are honest questions from an outlier.

Is this all about location? If he needed to be in London, is this that much closer? Must admit I have to really study map to even find London, so these are honest questions from an outlier.

No, it's to do with a personal tragedy that happened in Bournemouth meaning the area brings him too many painful memories and so he wanted to move on.

Reactions: OBX
Let’s hope part of the deal is that he doesn’t line up against us... Really sad to see him go. Too many great memories and goals to list them all... Always hoped he’d give us one more year but alas no...

Wish him well...
Get a few quid on him being red carded if he does.

It's a little bit further from London than here depending on where he lives - last I heard it was Paddington.

Kirsikka sums the reasons up though.

Reactions: OBX

;