Harry Arter

lol you can trawl though as many old threads as you want its not going to make your point anymore relevant.....like i said you really needn't go though all that trouble .....you only had to look though this thread to see that he was in and out of the team....he wasn't completely dropped at any stage.....he started that game against Brighton and it was only after that game when he expressed a desire to leave that he was dumped......youth team players were getting promoted to the bench instead of him.

Surely what he says is perfectly relevant. Arter was dropped because he was well off form. Eddie gave him loads of chances but his form didn't improve. The player wanted out because he knew it wasn't working. If Eddie gave up on him it's because he knew, despite giving him loads of chances, that it just wasn't going to happen for Arter at AFCB after that. Player and manager had both come to that realisation.

I don't think any blame whatsoever can be laid at Eddie's door after you’ve heard Arter's side of the story. It's all very sad but he simply didn't deserve a place in the side after that.

HA was a brilliant player during our rise to the top table and still added his own unique touch to the team for ages. He also had a horrific off field situation to cope with and eventually struggled, as anybody would.

But, I won't forget a 50-50 challenge at Swansea where he ended on the floor, punching the ground. We (and the opponent near him) thought he must be injured as that wasn't something you'd expect from him. A while later when he did it again there was a lot less sympathy all round before he got up again looking embarrassed. Never quite the same player for us.

However, if Harry has the determination to be a Boscombe legend again, he certainly still has the ability. I'd be very happy to have him back setting the tempo of our play as he did better than anyone else ever has. I can't think of another player that could lift our support home and away with just a sprint to close down an opponent in their own half.

It’s less about what we thought or said two years ago and more about is he still a decent championship player, do we want him and does he want to be here. I can only half answer one of those questions and nobody else can answer the latter two other than H and the club.

We have only had two players that could boss games against the best of opponents. Arter and Wilshere. Both were sporadic but nobody else came close in five years. We never replaced him and it’s no coincidence our two insipid seasons and one relegation happened in the two years he didn’t play.

I think he can still boss games at this level but have less confidence he wants to be here. It would be great if we could resolve it I’d watch him ahead of Gosling in a heartbeat.

Question. What does Arter bring beyond Lerma? Please don’t tell me we will put three defensive midfielders out there now! We planning on getting promoted with 0-0 draws all year?

It’s less about what we thought or said two years ago and more about is he still a decent championship player, do we want him and does he want to be here. I can only half answer one of those questions and nobody else can answer the latter two other than H and the club.

We have only had two players that could boss games against the best of opponents. Arter and Wilshere. Both were sporadic but nobody else came close in five years. We never replaced him and it’s no coincidence our two insipid seasons and one relegation happened in the two years he didn’t play.

I think he can still boss games at this level but have less confidence he wants to be here. It would be great if we could resolve it I’d watch him ahead of Gosling in a heartbeat.

Can't really argue with this. He definitely lost form but I wouldn't write him off. Jeff Lerma as good as he is never bossed games like Arter did, dictating tempo and hounding the opposition until they lost their rhythm.

If he can get back to what he was he's more than worth his place in the side.

Surely what he says is perfectly relevant. Arter was dropped because he was well off form. Eddie gave him loads of chances but his form didn't improve. The player wanted out because he knew it wasn't working. If Eddie gave up on him it's because he knew, despite giving him loads of chances, that it just wasn't going to happen for Arter at AFCB after that. Player and manager had both come to that realisation.

I don't think any blame whatsoever can be laid at Eddie's door after you’ve heard Arter's side of the story. It's all very sad but he simply didn't deserve a place in the side after that.

No not really...Eddie hadn't given up on Harry prior to the Brighton game....he started him in it.....Harry said that he informed Eddie after that game that he thought it was time for him to move on and that Eddie disagreed with him......after that Harry didn't get a look in.....Eddie didn't banish him because of poor form....he would have regained that as most players do.

No not really...Eddie hadn't given up on Harry prior to the Brighton game....he started him in it.....Harry said that he informed Eddie after that game that he thought it was time for him to move on and that Eddie disagreed with him......after that Harry didn't get a look in.....Eddie didn't banish him because of poor form....he would have regained that as most players do.

How long was Eddie supposed to persist with him? His form was terrible and he wanted out. In truth howe should have given up on him long before that. He gave him a last chance against Brighton and he wasn't good enough. Arter has not shown anything elsewhere to suggest Howe was wrong to drop him.

I'd give him a fair chance to prove himself now but he wasn't hard done by at AFCB

I wasn’t pleased with his performances for the last year or so before he left, but if he’s good enough now and wants to stay, great.
THat’ll be up to JT and the coaching staff to assess though.

He was the heart beat of our side . When he was on song we were excellent . I still believe we missed a player like him. Since Covid . We could have done with someone with that bite and energy.
He may not be the players of 5-6 years ago but he’s been a good player for promotion chasing Fulham.

Harry needed time to settle in his life and work after the personal tragedy ; It will have affected him in varying ways at work as well as coping at home. Moving away when he did would have helped probably.
..if he came back now to somewhere where he was successful...and in the same league that suits him....with 3 or 4 years left of his career...that could work well too with it being a fresh start under JT. He is already happy to train at DC.
I think this a gamble worth taking. No transfer money!

As much as I would like an up for it H in the team, he’s in the training session the same reason Begovic is. Despite where they were last season, they are AFCB employees and if they don’t turn up for work then the club could presumably bring some kind of disciplinary action (probably financial) or contract termination. Rather than take a financial hit it’s better for them to turn up and train with an eye on getting fit for a move elsewhere. Certainly better than cutting off your income voluntarily and training at a local park...

H wanted away from AFCB to be with his brother in law at FFC. Considering the dislike and upset of being in B’mth after his family tragedy, I would be very surprised if he would want to come back here. It’s time for him to move on either to FFC or pastures new.

;