Harry Wilson

It’s natural for a club like us to loan better players. Clyne and Wiltshire didn’t work out though
I think Clyde and Wilshire worked out in terms of patching us up in the seasons they were with us. I was happy we didn’t extend either or sign as permanents but I don’t really regret either of them playing for us to the extent they did.

Hmm, not too sure about those alleged terms:

"However, talks are now focusing on a season loan agreement with Liverpool looking for guarantees that the talented Wilson will play.

Bournemouth are likely to be asked for a fee and penalty payments if Wilson does not play a set amount of games."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-loan-deal-Liverpool-winger-Harry-Wilson.html

If he can't make the step up and everyone else gets fit we will have four other winger options.

Hmm, not too sure about those alleged terms:

"However, talks are now focusing on a season loan agreement with Liverpool looking for guarantees that the talented Wilson will play.

Bournemouth are likely to be asked for a fee and penalty payments if Wilson does not play a set amount of games."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-loan-deal-Liverpool-winger-Harry-Wilson.html

If he can't make the step up and everyone else gets fit we will have four other winger options.
Such terms are unfortunately pretty common as a way of the loaning club ensuring their lad gets the games and development they wish.
I think while Brooks is out, Wilson would see minutes in most games. But once fit, we can't guarantee it. So a 6 month loan makes more sense than a season long loan.

Those penalty payments were why we had to play Begovic first time around. Given that Klopp was saying he wanted him either out or not, then I'd expect we can negotiate around the penalty payments by including an option to purchase in Liverpool's favour. Gives the lad a while to fall in love with the place and want to sign up some next summer

...only problem I see with a loan is IF Liverpool wanted him to be totally assured of playing and penalised us on his appearances...I would refuse!

...only problem I see with a loan is IF Liverpool wanted him to be totally assured of playing and penalised us on his appearances...I would refuse!

That's precisely what the article linked above does say the deal will contain. Who can say for sure though.

;