Harry Wilson

Brooks had a full preseason with us and was hugely impressive playing in our specific system as we demolished Marseille to go 5-0 up in our last friendly before the season started. Wilson hasn't even been told what the tactics are yet.

I can only see him making the bench, at best, this weekend.

Just as ridiculous as the notion that Brooks would walk straight in after less than a full season in the championship.
Yep because Brooks having a full pre season being trained in Eddie’s system and getting used to his team mates is completely comparable to the max three training sessions that Wilson will have had. Come on surely you can see that the two are not comparable?

Because he will have had maximum three training sessions with the team probably less. He has no experience of our system or playing with his team mates. I’d say to throw him straight in when other players are available who have had more experience of this (even Danjuma has had a good week and played in a game already) was ridiculous, it seems that others would not agree but amount that people harp on about how long it takes a new player to integrate into playing the Bournemouth way I find this strange.

Yep because Brooks having a full pre season being trained in Eddie’s system and getting used to his team mates is completely comparable to the max three training sessions that Wilson will have had. Come on surely you can see that the two are not comparable?
Understand what you are saying but Wilson has a lot more first team experience than Brooks had when he joined. 30 plus starts and 17 goals at Derby last year and played for Hull the season before. Probably be on the bench but it wouldn't surprise me if he started.

Nope, not for me, he's good enough to get a spot in the team, not so good he gets to walk in without any prep. Wilshere and Collison are the last two I recall doing that, so it's been a while

Because he will have had maximum three training sessions with the team probably less. He has no experience of our system or playing with his team mates. I’d say to throw him straight in when other players are available who have had more experience of this (even Danjuma has had a good week and played in a game already) was ridiculous, it seems that others would not agree but amount that people harp on about how long it takes a new player to integrate into playing the Bournemouth way I find this strange.

Who cares how many he's had if Eddie thinks he's good enough to start? It's entirely conceivable that he could get the nod ahead of Ibe, Danjuma, Kilkenny, etc.

One of them is going to get the nod, whoever it is let's hope they take their chance.

Who cares how many he's had if Eddie thinks he's good enough to start? It's entirely conceivable that he could get the nod ahead of Ibe, Danjuma, Kilkenny, etc.

One of them is going to get the nod, whoever it is let's hope they take their chance.
Surely his ability to understand the system and gel with his team mates should come into the equation. I think people underestimate how difficult it is for a new player to understand and adapt to Eddies expectations of them.

Spend so much time on shapes and transitions it'll be about if he can demonstrate enough intelligence to pick up the right man in the right situation, press the correct spaces without the ball, find the right spaces with it. That alone might take more than two and a half sessions

Understand what you are saying but Wilson has a lot more first team experience than Brooks had when he joined. 30 plus starts and 17 goals at Derby last year and played for Hull the season before. Probably be on the bench but it wouldn't surprise me if he started.
Yeh get that but it doesn’t really matter if he’s had 10 years experience, none of it has been with us! All I’m saying is he will need a couple of weeks to get up to speed with the way EH wants things done. I’m surprised people think this is such an outrageous comment to make.

Spend so much time on shapes and transitions it'll be about if he can demonstrate enough intelligence to pick up the right man in the right situation, press the correct spaces without the ball, find the right spaces with it. That alone might take more than two and a half sessions
Exactly.

Surely his ability to understand the system and gel with his team mates should come into the equation. I think people underestimate how difficult it is for a new player to understand and adapt to Eddies expectations of them.

But who are you saying is ahead of him? Ibe has never understood our patterns of play, Danjuma has been here five minutes longer, Kilkenny is just a kid (I'd like to see him get the nod personally) ... It's hardly ridiculous if he gets the nod is it?

;