Harry Wilson

he certainly seems to be an exciting signing - his long range shooting looks fantastic, and something we're not used to!
Lerma scored a screamer and isn't afraid to have a shot.
Pretty sure wellsword is implying that H Wilson consistently shoots very well from distance which is certainly something we are not used to IMO.
Lerma may well shoot from distance but it usually endangers the corner flag or row 'R'! (would have said 'Z' but our stadium isn't big enough)

It would do us the world of good to throw in a few (vaguely consistently near target) long shots into our usual style: Working the ball around wide left, wide right, wide left etc before slipping someone in behind for a pull back or cross. Sometimes we get a bit 'samey' and predictable. Remember us looking utterly toothless up at Selhurst in May until Jeff thought f**k it and lamped one in the net from 30 yards.

It would do us the world of good to throw in a few (vaguely consistently near target) long shots into our usual style: Working the ball around wide left, wide right, wide left etc before slipping someone in behind for a pull back or cross. Sometimes we get a bit 'samey' and predictable. Remember us looking utterly toothless up at Selhurst in May until Jeff thought f**k it and lamped one in the net from 30 yards.

Agree 100% nsm a lot of the time we are way too predictable and this will add something new.For me a cracking signing and can't wait for Saturday.

I think Danjuma is an exciting signing for this reason. Seems to love cutting inside and having a go, and looks very direct from what I've seen. Not that Fraser and Brooks aren't direct, but still.

before anyone gets carried away, some derby views:

“On his day he’s definitely ready. (for the pl) Quality left foot and good vision. I’d say he drifts in and out of games too much and some games just pass him by, you won’t notice he’s playing. But give him space and he’ll work magic.“

“Sweet left foot, but physically lightweight & doesn’t have blinding pace. Drifts out of games too often, particularly on the road & doesn’t offer his full-back great protection out of possession.“

“If he was ready he would have dominated games with #dcfc..but as others have said;too inconsistent. The Bournemouth move is good for both clubs and Wilson..he needs to be better more often imo.“

“Your right about his left foot. But his overall play is mediocre, if he’s not on the scoresheet you wouldn’t no he was playing in most games. But at the end of the day goals win matches.”

“Better playing tucked in off the wing or cm/cam.”

to be fair i did ask what his weaknesses were

Some of them sound exactly like a few posters on here who know more than Howe!!

Many of those Derby comments could be directed at quite a few of more forward thinking players though and not just at our club. They all drift in and out of games but you hope they have that moment of high skill that can still win a game.

before anyone gets carried away, some derby views:

“On his day he’s definitely ready. (for the pl) Quality left foot and good vision. I’d say he drifts in and out of games too much and some games just pass him by, you won’t notice he’s playing. But give him space and he’ll work magic.“

“Sweet left foot, but physically lightweight & doesn’t have blinding pace. Drifts out of games too often, particularly on the road & doesn’t offer his full-back great protection out of possession.“

“If he was ready he would have dominated games with #dcfc..but as others have said;too inconsistent. The Bournemouth move is good for both clubs and Wilson..he needs to be better more often imo.“

“Your right about his left foot. But his overall play is mediocre, if he’s not on the scoresheet you wouldn’t no he was playing in most games. But at the end of the day goals win matches.”

“Better playing tucked in off the wing or cm/cam.”

to be fair i did ask what his weaknesses were
Nice one for getting the feedback, thanks.
That's all fair enough and sounds about right for a young attacking midfielder / winger type player. If they are young and consistently productive with goals/assists then we're talking potential world class levels, and clearly we wouldn't be signing them.

The nice thing is we won't be relying on Wilson to produce every week. We have various other attacking midfield types, be it Fraser on the other flank, and others on the bench, who we can swap Wilson with if he's having a quiet day.

harry will never become a regular liverpool player and I fully expect eh to be able to convince him to sign permanently if he wants him to stay and his loan goes well

Silly/lucky boy tonight for Wales.

Really should have been sent off for a stamp.

;