Harry Wilson

Yeh the extra body could prove important, I’ve just seen nothing from him to suggest that he could be the difference maker that we need. What he provides in goals does not make up for the other deficiencies in his game imo. I would love to see Kilkenny given a chance, or King out wide and give Surridge a shot. Dobre will be back on the 1st July I imagine, don’t see why we’d extend as he hasn’t played a minute! Personally I believe that the big issue this season has been the loss of our identity as a team, the best shot we have is to regain that us against the world everyone fighting for the same cause mentality. Young hungry players with something to prove and a future at the club to fight for are ideal for this. We have our most talented squad of individuals we’ve had in the top flight yet we find ourselves in this situation, is H Wilson a better player than Kilkenny and Dobre? Probably. Will he fight as hard for the cause, almost certainly not.
I think somethings you say a true, but goals win games & give us the points we need. I have watched some of the best players in the world do very little , then suddenly score a goal that turns a game. Wilson is a loan player that has given us that kind of option. he can score from dead balls & long range. tell me another that can do that in the team.

I wonder if the same people who think H Wilson is a valuable player for us are the same ones who wonder why we dont have an effective press .....:hmmm:......the first half of the Wolves game this season watching him and Fraser trying to close down Neves and Moutinio was one of the most depressing things i've ever seen......offers nothing other than a decent left foot ........
I remember something similar in the Arsenal cup game. Their two 18 year olds caused havoc down our right flank with our non existent press, or even tracking back, on that side.

The one difference was Fraser did try to press for the first 20mins, probably to impress a potential suitor, but then gave up when he saw no one else could be arsed either

He’s listed as an Under-21 player on the official PL site and I thought that made him eligible to play even if not in the First Team squad. Am I missing something?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1335777
Because typically loan recalls are no longer permitted. The fact he is an U21 would be irrelevant.

It all depends on whether the rules are changed to reflect the new season dates. From a sporting integrity point of view they shouldn’t. None of our rivals would object to Dobre becoming eligible, but hypothetically if he, or any other loan player suddenly became the new Messi when on loan at another club for the season, then of course clubs would object if he were allowed to play for us in the same season.

To extend my example further, Dobre loan contract and Fraser’s AFCB contract both expire on 30th June. If you allow Dobre to play for us after that date, you’d have to allow Fraser to play for, say Aston Villa, from 1st July too

I wonder if the same people who think H Wilson is a valuable player for us are the same ones who wonder why we dont have an effective press .....:hmmm:......the first half of the Wolves game this season watching him and Fraser trying to close down Neves and Moutinio was one of the most depressing things i've ever seen......offers nothing other than a decent left foot ........
This is what I was trying to get at. His deficiencies are more harmful to the team than the positive aspects of his games are valuable. West Ham away also sticks in the mind, letting Noble run off him without any attempt to stop him, leading to a penalty. We got to where we are not through talented individuals who play for themselves, but through work ethic and togetherness. And if we want to have any chance of staying where we are then that is what we need to re discover. Genuinely believe it would be a boost to everyone if Fraser decided not to extend, not only if to ignite a bit of this issue against the world mentality.’

Although he is a completely different player than Brooks I think he was always signed as insurance against the Brooks injury. I reckon this may still be the case. No one really knows what sort of Brooks we will be getting back or how his fitness will stand up to playing a load of games in a short space of time. Eddie always wants players that he knows and trusts so we shouldn't be at all surprised about this.

I agree with a lot you are all saying, but things now are becoming crucial. The wrong decision either way can be disastrous to us. I personally think Wilson has proved his worth, he has done a lot better than others I can name. As for Fraser he has already left the club in his mind, he is thinking of where he wants to be. Good luck to him he has been a valued part of the club, but not now. He wants to be elsewhere.
Disagree Ryan has 'left the club'. So unlucky not to get us a draw at Anfield last time out....if only Milner hadnt done such a brilliant clearance off the line!

I'm not that big a fan of Wilson as a winger but would be very interested to see how he was in the number 10 role with little defensive work. I can't say I've seen him play for Wales, but I understand he's more central and looks a much better player. Still, think it's good news the loan has been extended.

Ironically the only time I’ve seen him play for Wales he was playing right wing and David Brooks played more centrally.

Ironically the only time I’ve seen him play for Wales he was playing right wing and David Brooks played more centrally.
I've always wanted to see Brooks more central, he's got the ability to create from nothing and reads the game well. I said to a Liverpool supporting mate early season that Wilson isn't a shade in Brooks, nothing I've seen has changed my opinion. I also think that Wilson could look very good in a better team where he's lined up with better players and movement around him.

Disagree Ryan has 'left the club'. So unlucky not to get us a draw at Anfield last time out....if only Milner hadnt done such a brilliant clearance off the line!

Let’s see if he extends his contract to the end of the 19/20 season. If he won’t then seems pointless to train with the team.

Kris Temple

As it stands, I gather that agreements have been reached with two of the other players with contracts expiring. Ryan Fraser isn’t one of them. #afcb

Surely Fraser must have something lined up for next season then. If he didn’t, I would be very surprised he wouldn’t extend for the last nine games.

;