Harry Wilson

Not sure this news is that great tbh. It’s an extra body I guess but was kind of looking forward to seeing one of our youngsters potentially getting a look in. Brooks and Danjuma should be first choice all the way. I’d imagine wee man won’t be around so maybe this is more important than I’m giving it credit for.

Not sure this news is that great tbh. It’s an extra body I guess but was kind of looking forward to seeing one of our youngsters potentially getting a look in. Brooks and Danjuma should be first choice all the way. I’d imagine wee man won’t be around so maybe this is more important than I’m giving it credit for.

The thought is there could be a high turnover of players, either lacking fitness or injuries etc.

Howe appeared to allude towards that being the case in Germany in his interview? I don’t follow it so wouldn’t have a clue.

So with that thought, body numbers will be important.

Last edited:

As much as I’d love to see our youngsters given a run out this isn’t the time, Wilson is one of our top scorers and his set pieces could easily turn into a toss between us staying up and not.

Who are the young wingers we could pick instead? Dobre is at Wigan and I doubt Jaidon Anthony is close to the first team yet?

Yes, I know what you're saying but it's numbers we need now given the injuries during the restart of the German league and it pains me to say it but I hope we extend Fraser's contract as well until the end of this season.

I agree with a lot you are all saying, but things now are becoming crucial. The wrong decision either way can be disastrous to us. I personally think Wilson has proved his worth, he has done a lot better than others I can name. As for Fraser he has already left the club in his mind, he is thinking of where he wants to be. Good luck to him he has been a valued part of the club, but not now. He wants to be elsewhere.

I agree with a lot you are all saying, but things now are becoming crucial. The wrong decision either way can be disastrous to us. I personally think Wilson has proved his worth, he has done a lot better than others I can name. As for Fraser he has already left the club in his mind, he is thinking of where he wants to be. Good luck to him he has been a valued part of the club, but not now. He wants to be elsewhere.
Thumbs up. I think Wilson has shown great commitment for a loan player and it’s another indication of his professionalism that he was happy to extend the loan in these unusual circumstances. It suggests that he has bought into being a member of OUR squad and would like to do his bit to get us out of trouble. More effective as a loanee than Ibe ever was as an expensive purchase. He also appears to know how to behave so he has totally won me over. He has been an excellent loan for us in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully he feels that he has also benefited from his time with us.

Last edited:
Extending the loan is a no-brainer given the choice is there. We'll need every squad option we can get and we know what H.Wilson can bring to the table.

Spending umpteen million quid on him permanently is another debate, probably for the summer if and hopefully when we survive.

Yeh the extra body could prove important, I’ve just seen nothing from him to suggest that he could be the difference maker that we need. What he provides in goals does not make up for the other deficiencies in his game imo. I would love to see Kilkenny given a chance, or King out wide and give Surridge a shot. Dobre will be back on the 1st July I imagine, don’t see why we’d extend as he hasn’t played a minute! Personally I believe that the big issue this season has been the loss of our identity as a team, the best shot we have is to regain that us against the world everyone fighting for the same cause mentality. Young hungry players with something to prove and a future at the club to fight for are ideal for this. We have our most talented squad of individuals we’ve had in the top flight yet we find ourselves in this situation, is H Wilson a better player than Kilkenny and Dobre? Probably. Will he fight as hard for the cause, almost certainly not.

I wonder if the same people who think H Wilson is a valuable player for us are the same ones who wonder why we dont have an effective press .....:hmmm:......the first half of the Wolves game this season watching him and Fraser trying to close down Neves and Moutinio was one of the most depressing things i've ever seen......offers nothing other than a decent left foot ........

;