Have we had our best summer of business yet?

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Simply we must have?

I’m speaking 48 hours ahead of assuming we are keeping Ake and Fraser. We’ve added to last seasons squad defensively with Stacey and Kelly, Kelly who can also play centrally if needed and in particular looks like an excellent addition. But both young up and coming talents.

Attacking wise Danjuma and Wilson are exciting attacking players who can only add to our attacking style. One is a very highly talented home grown player who a number of clubs wanted.

Plus the addition of a strong central midfielder in Billing, a relegated teams player of the season it’s got to be the most exciting set of signings we have made?

Also ridiculous transfer fees for Mings and Mousset who won’t really be missed.

The 2 downsides - starting the season without Francis, Cook, Stanislas, Gosling and Brooks so some positions will pick themselves for the time being, once Lewis Cook and Brooks are back we will have some team.

Secondly, assuming in the last week of April Begovic had packed his bags for his ‘extra family time’ and wouldn’t be at the club come the start of pre season, let alone for the first game creating a 4 way mystery as to who will start as no 1 where as I’m sure Eddie wanted to have a new keeper with us by now.

But in short, a great summer of business.

Last edited:
"...starting the season without Francis, Cook, Stanislas, Gosling and Brooks " has got me a little down. Especially Brooks, who for me is the top difference maker of the team.
Shouldn't count against summer business, unless it is found out that it has something to do with training methods.

I feel like we've addressed some of the squad depth deficiencies but until we see them in action we won't know who's a Nathan and who's a Brad. Fingers well and truly crossed for a bunch of the former and none of the latter.

Was thinking this today. Hopefully it only gets better from here but this summer's window has been nothing short of fantastic. Quality signings and getting good money for departing players.
The one thing is the variety of types of players we have signed is noticable. That coupled with promising youngsters coming up makes it seem even better than it is.
We have real options and even Eddie's admitted he's got a selection headache with our performances.
I'm ready for Saturday, can't wait

On paper yes.

I’m not going to get too carried away yet since 4 of our signings have never played a PL match before and the 5th was in the 3rd worse team in PL history. They are all a good age so if they do fulfil their potential then it is indeed exciting times.
Quite agree, much too early to be saying if they suit us or not.
Young talent no doubt, but lets see how they mix in.

Hopefully it’s been excellent but who knows if we’ve signed Gems or lumps of coal .

Just for discussions sake is anyone just a little bit rueful we didn’t sell Fraser for mega bucks . Not a criticism of him in anyway but if he goes for a free next year ?.....

Hopefully it’s been excellent but who knows if we’ve signed Gems or lumps of coal .

Just for discussions sake is anyone just a little bit rueful we didn’t sell Fraser for mega bucks . Not a criticism of him in anyway but if he goes for a free next year ?.....
Yes,but maybe he'll sign a new contract during the season

To top it all, some betting firm called Black Type have us at 5/1 to be top ten, when most are 3/1 or shorter.

I am not a regular gambler, but that seemed way to good to miss to me.

For me, Lewis Cook returning to full fitness after such a long absence will feel like another new signing ...and he is proven EPL class.

;