Have we had our best summer of business yet?

Boruc will keep that spot ticking over for a season, with the other 3 chipping in as and when. We might even discover how to get Begovic back to his vaguely competent 17/18 self.

In 12 months time we can wish Artur the best for retirement, see what happens with Begovic, and sit down to think about which of Ramsdale or Travers is most ready for the no1 spot.

It's not an ideal situation, but it's hardly make or break.

Really pleased with the players in, and we got great value for Mings and Mousset. If we had got Heaton in for a year in goal that would have been the icing on the cake ( I think Villa did well there, probably gives them 6 to 9 points). Overall it does feel like a changing of the guard...which needed to happen. For me, the question is whether these new additions will allow us to adapt to a plan B when plan A doesn't work. I'm hopeful!

Just been watching the latest training video on afcb.tv.....Harry seems to have settled right in....and seeing the shooting drill at the end, he's smacking it home with both feet, which is a great skill to have and keeps defenders guessing which way you'll be going.

We have 2 rookie goalies and 2 clown goalies.

No we don’t

What is a rookie goalie? Ramsdale’s had some great experience in a league where defenders are pretty iffy and performed outstandingly, according to his club and their fans. Why should he be a liability in a league where his defence should be better?

Boruc is NOT a clown, he’s a brilliant shot stopper who has occasional rushes of blood.

Begovic is NOT a clown, he’s a competent keeper who had a dreadful year last season. If you look back to his Stoke days he was great.

If there’s a clown here, it’s you

Did I annoy you? But what do you do every year ffs? Call that Ibe will have a great year this year?
Annoy me?....no no perish the thought OBX my friend...the more paid up members of the Jordon Ibe fan club the better imo....Lord knows there's plenty of room!...:D
of course you'll have to put up with a few disparaging remarks from Druss and i expect Rozor will turn up with his witty 'Ibe is not the answer' ad nauseam ....but we shall take their scorn on the chin and laugh.... safe in the knowledge that we know whats coming.....#yearoftheibe :utc:

It all feels like a plan and a well considered one at that. There must be some level of agreement between Eddie and Demin that he is staying and committed to seeing this through - at least in the medium term. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Annoy me?....no no perish the thought OBX my friend...the more paid up members of the Jordon Ibe fan club the better imo....Lord knows there's plenty of room!...:D
of course you'll have to put up with a few disparaging remarks from Druss and i expect Rozor will turn up with his witty 'Ibe is not the answer' ad nauseam ....but we shall take their scorn on the chin and laugh.... safe in the knowledge that we know whats coming.....#yearoftheibe :utc:

I was just playing with that. I had to look up the definition for ffs and this is what it gave me:
What does FFS mean? FFS is an acronym used mostly online that means for ****************'s sake, an expression of annoyance, disbelief, or exasperation.

I thought that was hilarious.

What is a rookie goalie? Ramsdale’s had some great experience in a league where defenders are pretty iffy and performed outstandingly, according to his club and their fans. Why should he be a liability in a league where his defence should be better?

A friend sent me this the other day, bit of an eye opener, also puts his experience into some kind of perspective

euroattendance.jpg

We have 2 rookie goalies and 2 clown goalies. That could backfire.
I don't see that the defence has been strengthened. The 2 new defensive signings have no Premier experience. It will be another season where we score lots, but also concede lots. Can't see us being any further forward.

Billing and a more experienced Lerma really improves midfield which, in turn, protects the defence.

If you want to improve defenders we have means need to spend c £30m plus. Look at dunk £45m value! Good chance one out of Mepham, Stacey and Kelly will be a big star.

Billing and a more experienced Lerma really improves midfield which, in turn, protects the defence.

If you want to improve defenders we have means need to spend c £30m plus. Look at dunk £45m value! Good chance one out of Mepham, Stacey and Kelly will be a big star.
My money is on Stacey. He's already showing a lot of potential and seemed to fit into the style of play perfectly from pre season matches.

My money is on Stacey. He's already showing a lot of potential and seemed to fit into the style of play perfectly from pre season matches.

Yep, Looks really strong. Bad error against Lazio of course but had the determination to score at the other end. Could see him becoming right back and smith at left if rico doesn’t perform or Kelly remains injured.

I’ll tell you what I’m feeling a massive sense of relief about this season now . After the second half of last season I was well in with the Algard school of “ we are really going to struggle next season “ but right now I’m feeling fantastic .Plenty of new youngsters ready to make a name for themselves ,dreaming of playing in the PL ...older players ,cool heads careers coming to an end Bournemouth through and through ,and star like Callum ,Ryan, Josh ,Cookie and Ake hitting their prime ...Bring it on ..best season ever !!!

Last edited:
Feeling good about the squad. Get the injured players back and I think we'll have the makings of a good season. Tactics need to be right though!
:utc:

Thank God we made it through, not just relatively intact, but with some seriously exciting additions as well. Bring on the season!

Living here in Somerset...a local sports Facebook group doing their predictions for final places...interesting that some think we will struggle. A few 15/16th places and one put us down for relegation. Bit like Michael Owen has!
I was genuinely surprised....obviously what happens next is not guaranteed ....but looking at our squad today, its nowhere near a bottom five or six squad. Is this just down to people not really being that aware of how good our players are? Owen said that as we finished poorly last season, that will mean a big struggle this - never understood this thinking to be honest...not sure he has seen our signings either.
Could be said we are biased of course but also we would be more critical of the squad too....I just see what we have today....knowing that Lewis Cook, Brooks, Kelly are all due back later too....its at least a mid-table squad on paper, maybe even 8th / 9th....
Perhaps its best to stay under the radar!

;