Have we had our best summer of business yet?

Living here in Somerset...a local sports Facebook group doing their predictions for final places...interesting that some think we will struggle. A few 15/16th places and one put us down for relegation. Bit like Michael Owen has!
I was genuinely surprised....obviously what happens next is not guaranteed ....but looking at our squad today, its nowhere near a bottom five or six squad. Is this just down to people not really being that aware of how good our players are? Owen said that as we finished poorly last season, that will mean a big struggle this - never understood this thinking to be honest...not sure he has seen our signings either.
Could be said we are biased of course but also we would be more critical of the squad too....I just see what we have today....knowing that Lewis Cook, Brooks, Kelly are all due back later too....its at least a mid-table squad on paper, maybe even 8th / 9th....
Perhaps its best to stay under the radar!

People see bournemouth and think we struggle as small team and don’t understand that we are normally greater than sum of the parts. Alan Smith said our signings weren’t that exciting but this misses the value that billing brings and the potential of Danjuma and Wilson to strengthen our attack if we get injuries. Having said that, the focus on youth can take a while to bring rewards.

People see bournemouth and think we struggle as small team and don’t understand that we are normally greater than sum of the parts. Alan Smith said our signings weren’t that exciting but this misses the value that billing brings and the potential of Danjuma and Wilson to strengthen our attack if we get injuries. Having said that, the focus on youth can take a while to bring rewards.

Is that the Alan Smith who played for Arsenal?

Check out his commentary on Wilson's goal in our 2-1 win over the ****************

It is something along the lines of "Bournemouth aren't creating anything, can only see Arsenal going on to increase their lead from here"

1-1 "shows what I know!"

Full marks must go to Blake and the team for retaining our most important players and selling off, at a decent profit, many fringe players.

That has given us a solid foundation.

We've bought a lot of exciting prospects. Certainly there is new competition for places and that should inspire established players to kick on. However, we don't know how, when and if these new players will fit in.

Billing excites me most because he already has PL experience and looked very comfortable in the friendly. Our midfield could be transformed.

Harry Wilson is second on my list because his technique at free kicks and shooting is already evident. Hopefully he'll step up into playing PL football with ease.

And Danjuma could be a thrilling addition - he looks to have Ibe's speed + Pugh's skills. I'd start him against Wednesday.

Baker and Stacey might be a little raw for now but Eddie knows best.

We've an exciting season ahead!

This is supported by the bigger media not really discussing us when mentioning the best transfer windows for teams. Reality is....Kelly and Stacey have improved us at full back, for strength in depth. Billing has been brought in to stiffen up centre midfield, where we struggled last season. Danjuma and Wilson, H. have both improved our attacking options. So all fairly exciting to us, as regular fans.

They also haven't fully appreciated that we have kept all the best players from last season....and that without the injury problems before, we were on course for a top ten finish.

Check out his commentary on Wilson's goal in our 2-1 win over the ****

It is something along the lines of "Bournemouth aren't creating anything, can only see Arsenal going on to increase their lead from here"

1-1 "shows what I know!"
Yep!

Check out his commentary on Wilson's goal in our 2-1 win over the ****

1-1 "shows what I know!"

The bloke is absolutely stealing a living. Almost on a par with Martin Keown.

Neither is he exciting...

We won’t need keepers next season. We’ll have 95% possession, no shots against us and utter domination. When Lewis Cook is back, Billing can be our rush keeper pinging 75 yard passes to Wee Man on his left foot!
When we played rush goalie it was whoever was nearest back ....

Full marks must go to Blake and the team for retaining our most important players and selling off, at a decent profit, many fringe players.

That has given us a solid foundation.

We've bought a lot of exciting prospects. Certainly there is new competition for places and that should inspire established players to kick on. However, we don't know how, when and if these new players will fit in.

Billing excites me most because he already has PL experience and looked very comfortable in the friendly. Our midfield could be transformed.

Harry Wilson is second on my list because his technique at free kicks and shooting is already evident. Hopefully he'll step up into playing PL football with ease.

And Danjuma could be a thrilling addition - he looks to have Ibe's speed + Pugh's skills. I'd start him against Wednesday.

Baker and Stacey might be a little raw for now but Eddie knows best.

We've an exciting season ahead!
Baker? Presumably you mean Kelly? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: OBX

;