Have we had our best summer of business yet?

Certainly impressive to get such good deals over the line in contrast to other clubs, who will be frantically trying to recruit in the next 48 hours.

One of the most impressive things about this window has been how specific and certain it’s been.

We’ve plugged gaps that we’ve needed to improve upon.

Sometimes you have a list of priorities but sometimes you can’t resolve them or an opportunity in another area comes up and you have to take advantage when you can, even if it’s not an immediate concern.

But this window hasn’t deviated from specific requirements. Which makes it feel like we’ve really improved the squad.

One of the most impressive things about this window has been how specific and certain it’s been.

We’ve plugged gaps that we’ve needed to improve upon.

This x a million. We've basically performed surgery on this squad, moved on some deadwood and brought specific players in that in theory are better than what we already have.

Neil Blake will be slightly smirking himself to sleep tonight.

We now have the best squad we've ever had, simple as that. If everyone gels and plays to their limits, we are in for some season and should be one of the best teams to watch in the PL.
Would have been nice perhaps to have moved Bego on nice and early, perhaps we could have brought a new keeper in. But that's about all really. We now are stronger in all areas.

I'm surprised by the amount of signings we've made but I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. As MarineBoy says, I think this is us finally preparing to replace the old guard, their days are obviously numbered, nothing lasts forever. Ease these new players in gently this season and once they are up to speed the old guard can run out their current contracts as our backup players.
Our recruitment this summer shows that there is definitely a long term plan for building and maintaining the quality of the squad and we're not simply waiting until it's too late and having to panic buy half a team all at once.
The signings we've made have all been sensible choices and all have potential to bring us a decent return in the years to come. All already are or are close to being improvements on what we already have and obviously they are all young enough to be with us for a good few years to come. This summer feels like the start of Eddie's Galacticos v2.0, us building a team for the next 5-10 years.

The other strong part in the recruitment is the age profile. Suddenly we don't seem so reliant on the senior players. They no doubt still have a part to play, but things look brighter for the future

I read yesterday that the combined age of our 5 signings in 2019 (inc. Solanke?) was 108 years old

And I am calling it now, Ibe will have a great year!!

It's called a contract year here in the States. It's when a player has been average at best his whole contract, then in his last year he is suddenly great. Because he is playing for his next contract. I can't tell you how many times this happens and I absolutely am calling it for Ibe this year.

And I am calling it now, Ibe will have a great year!!

It's called a contract year here in the States. It's when a player has been average at best his whole contract, then in his last year he is suddenly great. Because he is playing for his next contract. I can't tell you how many times this happens and I absolutely am calling it for Ibe this year.
Pffft....i do that every year ffs....get to the back of the queue imo.

We have 2 rookie goalies and 2 clown goalies. That could backfire.
I don't see that the defence has been strengthened. The 2 new defensive signings have no Premier experience. It will be another season where we score lots, but also concede lots. Can't see us being any further forward.

We have 2 rookie goalies and 2 clown goalies. That could backfire.
I don't see that the defence has been strengthened. The 2 new defensive signings have no Premier experience. It will be another season where we score lots, but also concede lots. Can't see us being any further forward.

Nice and positive . At least your not calling for Howe’s head anymore because he had “taken us as far as he could “.....this is when we were in league one of course :slap:

;