Have we improved?

Seems judging by this thread Eddie and the team should never have finishing 9 last season , only 8th or higher would be considered a reasonable season by some ....the entitlement :shake:

We were all very excited at the end of last season .We finished 9th ,next season we’ll be pushing for Europe obviously ,because ,well because that’s what we do .we finish higher every season ...it doesn’t work like that .

For me it's more that we bought some better players but didn't get better*

*in my view of what general opinion seems to be

We wanted a better points total than last year, I think we realised that position was somewhat inflated by the tiny points difference from 8th-17th, so aiming for higher finish might be tricky to achieve. In all seriousness though, have we improved? So many ways to answer that question, in closeness to top six? In distance from relegation? Which metric do you choose, that's the beauty of stats. I think that the top six got better against everyone so all had less points than last year

So we could check between top non european spot and top relegation spot and see where we really are in amongst that midfield bunch

15/16 - 60, 42, 37, so we were 70% of Liverpool and 14% better than Newcastle
16/17 - 46,46,34, we were 100% of Southampton and 35% better than Hull
17/18 - 44,38,29, we currently 86% of Leicester and 31% better than Southampton

So we are almost as far from relegation as last year and much further than our first year, and we are closer to Europe than our first year yet in a league with a much bigger gap from bottom to top

;