He's gone

Obviously a legend - but I honestly think this is the right move
I’m afraid the magic that he once had left him towards the end of our 4th PL season
it has to be admitted that in far too many games last season we were truly dreadful and we probably deserved to go down.
Now it’s squeaky bum time hoping that whoever it is that decides the future direction for our club will make a sensible decision. Far too many washed up has beens out there for my liking.
Please, please somebody inspiring and competent.

9 away defeats in a row and two abject restart games vs palace and Newcastle combined with no goals in 4 games against the bottom two clubs show something was badly wrong. Not just about injuries.

Can’t think of any other manager that wouldn’t have been sacked especially given the slide the previous season.

Eddie earned the right to stay to keep us up and, having failed, to have another go next season. I would have been happy for him to do so IF the lessons of this season had been learnt and he had the energy to do so. Who knows if either of these criteria were an issue.

Agree that the biggest worry is what this says about our prospects for next season.

Eddie’s achievements will never be surmounted and if he needs a break, he deserves one. But if he rocks up at Bristol City or another Championship club in the next few weeks or months he will be dead to me. I don’t think it will happen.

A mark of the man is that he took full responsibility for our situation. His words. He was, is, and always will be a Cherry through and through. Honour personified.

Sad night. 2020 the year that keeps on giving hey.....

What a frustrating year for our club. I hope one day we find out why our best ever squad underperformed so badly and why our best ever attacking manager turned so obsessively defensive.

I hope he gets a chance to go on and achieve what he should have done with us and I hope we can rescue this situation and stabilise and go again. The former is more likely than the latter.

Speculation is largely pointless but I think it was as simple as the club wanted him to stay but couldn’t commit to squad retention and facility development with the current economic climate. I can see both sides and therefore it’s right that the parting of company occurs however utterly disappointing it is.

If he moves on immediately clearly our board have failed us. Again.

I disagree. Responsibility for getting the club relegated rests ultimately with the manager. In this case the same guy who accepted all the plaudits for getting the club promoted.
To walk at precisely the moment everything goes tits up is the action of a coward. If he loved the club as much as he claims then NOTHING would tear him away from the chance to give everything for at least one season to get the club back in the PL.

Will be really pissed off of he rocks up to another job in a couple of weeks. I can understand he needing some time away from the game but to just abandon us like this..
He's not been good this season but no way has he abandoned us! He did his part of the deal and has been failed by the club.

I think with the terrible timing it’s fair to say Eddie has bottled it ..having said that I don’t blame him in the slightest , there’s more to life than your job . The last year and a half have been total sh*t on so many levels and he’s had enough ,fair play , relax ,enjoy life ,thanks for the memories but don’t rock up at another club In the next few weeks ....can we start work on the statue yet ?

Sad night. 2020 the year that keeps on giving hey.....

What a frustrating year for our club. I hope one day we find out why our best ever squad underperformed so badly and why our best ever attacking manager turned so obsessively defensive.

I hope he gets a chance to go on and achieve what he should have done with us and I hope we can rescue this situation and stabilise and go again. The former is more likely than the latter.

Speculation is largely pointless but I think it was as simple as the club wanted him to stay but couldn’t commit to squad retention and facility development with the current economic climate. I can see both sides and therefore it’s right that the parting of company occurs however utterly disappointing it is.

And on a personal note for Eddie 9 months ago he was heavily linked with some top jobs - Arsenal, before that England. Hopefully he can still go on and manage at the highest level one day.

Right. For what it's worth this is my take on things. Board want Eddie to stay but want the back room staff gone. Eddie obviously not going to agree so tells the board he's walking. Eddie doesn't tell the players, back room guys or even Jason, which means they are all still employed. It is now the boards job to get rid of them all not Eddie's.
You couldn't be more wrong

Absolutely and totally stunned and gutted, knew this day had to come but never wanted it to. : (

He has looked totally stressed and worn down these last few months, I think his dedication and commitment to the club and us the fans has burnt him out ( temporarily I hope ) and he feels he doesn't have it in the tank to go again in 6 weeks. He's a god to us but in reality he as human as the rest of us. I'm not blaming anyone at the club for his leaving. He's given us, everything. A golden era has ended and I've got to get used to it. Who knows what's to come, I can only support 'em and pray they can match Magic Eddie.

Can the Cherries Trust start a fund to get his well deserved statue built and put on display along Eddie Howe way ( formerly Kings Park Drive )

So long Eddie, fare thee well and thank you. It's been our privilege : )

Really shocked at this, especially given Max's comments. Refuse to believe Board wouldn't have backed him. But he definitely needed a break and wasn't going to get one.

Next manager pick is so crucial.

Thought it was a very interesting interview when we lost 1-0 at ten man palace in December. Eddie mentioned how low he felt and whether players were responding to him. Felt that was a pivotal moment.

how hard to go again in a month with a lot of the last 5 years hard work dismantled as key players leave

I'm not surprised at all...I said in a previous post it was 55% against 45% that he goes.

I'm not often wrong about anything..sorry but I'm not.

Think he made the decision himself with input from wife and friends.

I would love it if he reconsidered tomorrow...and came back.

;