He's gone

Obviously a legend - but I honestly think this is the right move
I’m afraid the magic that he once had left him towards the end of our 4th PL season
it has to be admitted that in far too many games last season we were truly dreadful and we probably deserved to go down.
Now it’s squeaky bum time hoping that whoever it is that decides the future direction for our club will make a sensible decision. Far too many washed up has been out there for my liking.
Please, please somebody inspiring and competent.
I have zero faith in the club identifying or attracting anyone remotely fit to fill Eddie's boots.

Last edited:
Some players might be upset but at the end of the day it’s a job and they are very well paid for doing it. Doubt there will be a mass exodus

Hold on a minute my friend.

Eddie got the club relegated, no one else. He was backed by Max to the hilt. I'm absolutely gutted he's gone but how far can we push things ?
Hold on a minute my friend.

Eddie got the club relegated, no one else. He was backed by Max to the hilt. I'm absolutely gutted he's gone but how far can we push things ?

He said three years ago that the most important thing was that the club moved forward and matched his ambitions, but the most important part of that was the training facility was needed as soon as possible.

Were they expecting Eddie to drive the bulldozers as well?

I know the history from what I have read, although I didn't live through it like most of you. EH and JT were part of the wonderful story that brought me here. EH was ticketed as a future England manager and was always a good interview for someone like me who was new to it all. EH's contributions cannot be measured by win/loss records or position in the table. And his legacy did earn him any chance to return to run the team.

All that said, from the context of North American professional sports (which I understand this is not), I have often pondered that a sub-30% winning percentage over 5 seasons is unlikely to keep your job.

I hope he finds a way back to great success.

He said three years ago that the most important thing was that the club moved forward and matched his ambitions, but the most important part of that was the training facility was needed as soon as possible.

Were they expecting Eddie to drive the bulldozers as well?

The training ground was being built up until CV19....I walk my dog there.

Obviously a legend - but I honestly think this is the right move
I’m afraid the magic that he once had left him towards the end of our 4th PL season
it has to be admitted that in far too many games last season we were truly dreadful and we probably deserved to go down.
Now it’s squeaky bum time hoping that whoever it is that decides the future direction for our club will make a sensible decision. Far too many washed up has beens out there for my liking.
Please, please somebody inspiring and competent.
Towards the end of our fourth season and during the fifth we beat Spurs, Man Utd. , Chelsea, Leicester City, Everton ( twice) . Not bad for someone who was losing his magic.

;