He's gone

Agreed.
He gives the impression of being a perfectionist almost to the point of OCD, which may in the end have been his downfall.

If only Eddie had been at a club that was less tinpot.

The behind the scenes shambles that is, and always will be, AFCB must have made him despair.

It's a scary thought what he could have achieved if he had been born somewhere else.
I wonder how much our tinpot approach has cost us, and will continue to cost us in the transfer market? Surely Eddie didn’t sit down and negotiate the transfers and packages for the likes of Ibe and Solanke? He is often criticised for paying too much for some players, but did we really send him into a room on his own, to meet the LFC mafia, armed only with the AFCB cheque book?

I've read more amateur pyscho-analysis, theories based on bugger all but presented as fact, character assasinations based on zilch, and general "grief" filled diatribe on here in recent days than ever before! love it!

:utc:

The dirty side of me keeps whispering that’s he’s going to join West Ham and take Brooks and Wilson with him lol
I genuinely think he'll take a break from the game and take on no new managerial role.

The guy looks an utter spent force and the pressure on him over the last few weeks can't have been greater for a guy who loves the town and the club.

Bearing in mind preseason training is about to commence in a couple of weeks giving him no time to rest, regroup and reflect.
Also the impact on his family must have been tough. I reckon he'll have family time and recharge.

I genuinely think he'll take a break from the game and take on no new managerial role.

The guy looks an utter spent force and the pressure on him over the last few weeks can't have been greater for a guy who loves the town and the club.

Bearing in mind preseason training is about to commence in a couple of weeks giving him no time to rest, regroup and reflect.
Also the impact on his family must have been tough. I reckon he'll have family time and recharge.
We'll know when he is ready to take on a new job. He'll start doing media work to get himself out there. The TV people will all over him.

;