How do the players get over this?

Yes, I know they are professionals but it must be really difficult to forget this. Every time they score it will be in the back of their minds.

Even back room staff have been badly affected. You only have to read Fletch’s tweets to see that.

As you can probably tell, a night’s sleep has not helped my mood.

I still REALLY hate the Premier League.

:utc:

They get over it by focusing on their game. Had Wilson not hit the keeper from six yards with a routine volley with both corners gaping we would not have had the two VAR incidents and been one nil up. If Franno had not gone to ground like a debutant rookie we wouldn’t have had the second incident and still been at 0-0.

I’m hoping Eddie will be focusing on this, and knowing him I’m sure he will.

It'll take me some time to get over that on Saturday, and I have other things from my family to my work to busy myself with.

For the players and staff, this is both their work as well as a passion (at least for most I'd guess). It'll need a masterclass in man management from Eddie. And how must he really be feeling? Dread to think.

That was the week that football died for me. Not only our match but the decisions at Stamford bridge and the King Power. Add to that the midweek game between Chelsea and man utd, all those matches had decisions made that took the whole point of having a referee on the pitch pointless. Referees no longer make important decisions. The wolves boss yesterday said the fans can't celebrate scoring anymore simply because no one knows if it's a goal. Garth Crooks was really passionate on his castigation of VAR and our referees, even referencing the fact that our referees aren't chosen by FIFA to officiate in tournaments.
The game is in turmoil, what is the point of watching football at stadiums anymore? What is the point of travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch your team anymore? The state of our leagues officiating is at its lowest ever point. Simply put Mike Dean could have , or should have , looked at the pitch side monitor , made his decision and made that final
The PGMOL hide behind a faceless organisation, referees are locked away and sworn to silence? The FA are spineless and careful not to rock the boat.
Ask yourself this, if Liverpool had scored our first goal would it have been disallowed? No. Had Man City run the length of the pitch to equalise would they have been pulled back and a penalty awarded to the opposition a minute after the incident had happened? No. Did Leicester deserve a penalty ? Yes. Did they get it? No. Same offence, did Man city get a penalty? Yes.
VAR is wrong on so many counts.
Who monitors the VAR guys? Why aren't they shown on screen in their cubicles making decisions? Why can't we hear what is being said between VAR and referee? It's corrupt.
We have to do something on Saturday to show our anger at VAR and the affect it is having on our game. We need a " Turn your back on VAR" campaign. An easy song and everyone turns around and faces away from the pitch.
We should take a red card and everyone hold a red card up at a point during the game with a song like " it's killing the game, it's killing the game, VAR, it's killing the game".
We can't take or accept this **************** any longer

VAR should be operated by retired professional footballers who have no connection with either playing club. and not by numbskulls that pass for referees who probably toss a coin for their VAR decisions.

Anyway, you should only focus on the next game, so the team should spend this week watching videos of our recent wins against Chelsea, as a confidence builder.

Also they should watch our promotion game against Bolton, as a reminder of what we do not want to go back to.

Each match has a referee assessor. Is there an assessor for the referee assigned to VAR. If not why not.

VAR is the symptom, the real problem is the pgmol, time to scrap it and use foreign officials who seem able to use VAR as it is supposed to be used.

There's a bleeding slow mo video showing no foul ...twice!
It used to be an arguement to say a referee is only human and only has a second to make a decision in real time from one angle.

Now we have many referees making a decision from many angles, in slow motion with minutes to paw over it while the game is paused ... and they can't make a correct call.

The technology can make a an average referee good and a good referee great but can't make the blind see.

VAR should be operated by retired professional footballers who have no connection with either playing club. and not by numbskulls that pass for referees who probably toss a coin for their VAR decisions.
Yes, but, in many of the controversial VAR decisions, the 'retired professional footballer' pundits disagree with each other over whether the final VAR decision was correct or incorrect anyway.

Hopefully the players can come up with a decent goal celebration. Perhaps walk in the direction of our bench, scorer makes a telephone gesture as if he’s talking to someone whilst telling his teammates to back off, Neil Moss prominent visibly on the sideline viewing his tablet then gives the scorer the thumbs up Ancient Rome style and then players go mad aka Gozzers goal at Chelsea.

(obviously they will have to wait for the confirmation that VAR hasn’t actually overruled the goal before we do anything!)

They get over it by focusing on their game. Had Wilson not hit the keeper from six yards with a routine volley with both corners gaping we would not have had the two VAR incidents and been one nil up. If Franno had not gone to ground like a debutant rookie we wouldn’t have had the second incident and still been at 0-0.

I’m hoping Eddie will be focusing on this, and knowing him I’m sure he will.
Wilson was offside for the volley that you are referring to. So I’m afraid we would not have been one nil up. Franno and Cook do both look completely out of their depth at the moment though I will give you that.

Wilson was offside for the volley that you are referring to. So I’m afraid we would not have been one nil up. Franno and Cook do both look completely out of their depth at the moment though I will give you that.
Ok....
But I didn’t mention Cook? Wilson was also well onside on the replay. Apart from that....:grinning:

That was the week that football died for me. Not only our match but the decisions at Stamford bridge and the King Power. Add to that the midweek game between Chelsea and man utd, all those matches had decisions made that took the whole point of having a referee on the pitch pointless. Referees no longer make important decisions. The wolves boss yesterday said the fans can't celebrate scoring anymore simply because no one knows if it's a goal. Garth Crooks was really passionate on his castigation of VAR and our referees, even referencing the fact that our referees aren't chosen by FIFA to officiate in tournaments.
The game is in turmoil, what is the point of watching football at stadiums anymore? What is the point of travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch your team anymore? The state of our leagues officiating is at its lowest ever point. Simply put Mike Dean could have , or should have , looked at the pitch side monitor , made his decision and made that final
The PGMOL hide behind a faceless organisation, referees are locked away and sworn to silence? The FA are spineless and careful not to rock the boat.
Ask yourself this, if Liverpool had scored our first goal would it have been disallowed? No. Had Man City run the length of the pitch to equalise would they have been pulled back and a penalty awarded to the opposition a minute after the incident had happened? No. Did Leicester deserve a penalty ? Yes. Did they get it? No. Same offence, did Man city get a penalty? Yes.
VAR is wrong on so many counts.
Who monitors the VAR guys? Why aren't they shown on screen in their cubicles making decisions? Why can't we hear what is being said between VAR and referee? It's corrupt.
We have to do something on Saturday to show our anger at VAR and the affect it is having on our game. We need a " Turn your back on VAR" campaign. An easy song and everyone turns around and faces away from the pitch.
We should take a red card and everyone hold a red card up at a point during the game with a song like " it's killing the game, it's killing the game, VAR, it's killing the game".
We can't take or accept this **** any longer
Brilliant post. You are absolutely right. There is virtually no point in travelling to watch a game anymore. The feeling after we score is no longer one of elation, but one of intense anxiety waiting to see if the goal will actually be allowed. It’s just not enjoyable as a fan. This is why I want us to see the back of this league (among other things.) I just want to enjoy watching my team again and if that means playing in the championship then so be it.

;