How do you feel, right now?

Have to agree IMO we underperformed and don’t really deserve it. We seem like a group of individuals who on their own are very good but together less so. No real team spirit or fight just kind of whatever. Maybe more talented per player than our last promotion but def an inferior team.
Again , no one on the pitch trying to lead the team and fight for it , players like Billing giving up after going down to ten men ....
We just haven’t been good enough for two seasons and we ended up where we deserved to be ...
Rebuild begins now , on and off the pitch .

Not sure what Billing was doing today, it was the Billing that we’ve seen far too often unfortunately. That said, Lerma was only average which sums up his season.

The board need to have a long look at themselves. No excuses for pissing about now, they’ve had months to plan for this. Can't say I have any faith in them.

I must admit, I’m not going to be sad to see any of the potential leavers gone other than Smith

We should get some decent ish fees for a couple players, and bear in mind, there isn’t going to be many Champ clubs with much, if any, money to spend this summer
Wouldn’t be bothered who leaves , apart from Pearson , Mepham , Dom , Stacey , Brooks , Cookie , Kelly , Lewis .

Last edited:
Oh yeah there’s a few more.

I was thinking in terms of the ones who could realistically go.

Certainly wouldn’t be bothered to see Mepham Brooks or Kelly leave

Think those three could come good for us with the right coaching team and with players wanting to play for each other and the club....

Very quiet on here tonight....where are the Elite ?...the Gosling , Francis and Yems knockers.
Haha...Ghost Town Forum.

Bloody interesting period coming up....and the Eddie/Celtic gig gone up a notch today...and with all the cufuffle from that emoting posts regarding who he will poach..who cares tbh!

Anyway ..Demarai Gray anyone ? sorry I meant Earl Grey !

I just want things to be more sustainable. Obviously I'd be truly devastated had we never reached the top flight but honestly I can't help but think it was time for Brentford to have a shot at it.
I agree, irrespective of today they’ve been knocking at the proverbial door for sometime. We could also learn from their business model too.

The VAR/Burnley away match will be forever in our memories, so the few that hadn't seen a game since then but FINALLY got to go back on Monday (my son included, although I made Chelski at home) will look back on the weirdest season ever.

Made the play-offs, failed. At least no VAR again next season...

The VAR/Burnley away match will be forever in our memories, so the few that hadn't seen a game since then but FINALLY got to go back on Monday (my son included, although I made Chelski at home) will look back on the weirdest season ever.

Made the play-offs, failed. At least no VAR again next season...

All about fine margins, but overall destiny is in every teams hands over the season, - unless ridiculously unlucky.

This seasons failure wasn't about Brentford, black bags under woodgates eyes or playoffs, but the appalling managerial appointment last summer. Who was responsible for that?

I look forward to next year's PowerPoint presentations.

Last edited:
I feel very disappointed. I know in a life context it is not a disaster. But I feel low and unable to put it out out of my mind.
I think this season was a missed opportunity. With an experienced manager we surely would have been promoted. JT and JW both did OK, but, not above expectations. Also recruitment was poor. Another back up centre half and a goalscoring forward were clearly needed.
I would feel better if the board announced a good manager as it would reassure me we are still looking to get to the premier league. I would like to see JW have a season with his own players, but next year isn't the one, as it is realistically, our last one with a financial advantage.

Disappointed but felt we wouldn't get through, maybe that's a fans general mindset though. We we're in the driving seat at 2-0 agg and things conspired against us,
I don't mind another season in the Championship, and I've always said I'd be happy to be an established second tier team but I worry that the break up of this team will see us dropping back to our 'natural' level.
Not sure I can reconcile 5 seasons in the prem with us not building into a bigger club, either way I arrived in the 4th division so its all up, to me and I'm sure I'll get over it, UTC !

Last edited:
Can see why JW took Brooks off.

He's more of a flair player but lightweight on the ball, much better when we are dominating possession and counter attacking.

We simply weren't going to play to his strengths when we went a man down.

When its 10 v 11 you'll probably have to go long and pump the ball in the air more often, so for that reason I can see why he kept Billing on, given he is better both defensively and in the air than Brooks.
Willie Carson would pose more of an aerial threat than Billing ffs.

Can see why JW took Brooks off.

He's more of a flair player but lightweight on the ball, much better when we are dominating possession and counter attacking.

We simply weren't going to play to his strengths when we went a man down.

When its 10 v 11 you'll probably have to go long and pump the ball in the air more often, so for that reason I can see why he kept Billing on, given he is better both defensively and in the air than Brooks.
I hear you, but Brooks in his first season in PL did all that stuff really well too.

With hindsight Billing put in a nothing performance. With Solanke no better on the other side we left Danjuma totally isolated.

If Brooks had been playing we could (probably) have counter attacked much more effectively.

Just popped in to say hello. :rotfl:

Have you enjoyed your season of relegation worry? Same again next season? Perhaps when you’ve finished 9th like we did 5 years ago you can come back and say hello.

Season 1981–82 was the highpoint of Brighton's stay in the top flight, with the side in the tophalf or mid-table all season, finishing a credible 13th on 52 points, their highest-ever league finish to date.

8663CAAC-F6F1-48DC-B767-C4A3E7408FD4.jpeg

Irritated on two counts. Firstly the lack of strategy with the off field management, no succession plan to EH leaving did for us, then add the decision with allowing JT to sign players then fire him immediately post transfer window and appoint the coach he wanted to bring in - literally implies no plan. Secondly how the playoffs ended up, and how we reacted to going down to 10 men - I don’t think JW had his finest hour.

Nervous from a financial perspective, will Max roll the dice or will there be a fire sale that ultimately ends up with us back in league one.

Excited to be hopefully going to some entertaining games and seeing old friends at footy with the whole match day experience. Going to the first leg was fun but it just wasn’t the same not sitting with mates and others I have got to know over the years. UTCIAD!

;