How do you feel, right now?

Irritated on two counts. Firstly the lack of strategy with the off field management, no succession plan to EH leaving did for us, then add the decision with allowing JT to sign players then fire him immediately post transfer window and appoint the coach he wanted to bring in - literally implies no plan. Secondly how the playoffs ended up, and how we reacted to going down to 10 men - I don’t think JW had his finest hour.

Nervous from a financial perspective, will Max roll the dice or will there be a fire sale that ultimately ends up with us back in league one.

Excited to be hopefully going to some entertaining games and seeing old friends at footy with the whole match day experience. Going to the first leg was fun but it just wasn’t the same not sitting with mates and others I have got to know over the years. UTCIAD!

in the premier league Man City lost a man against Brighton last week and ended up losing the game .
I don’t really know what JW could have done more part from the last 10 maybe just taking a total gamble

Feel gutted to be honest. Not from a football side, as the championship is by far the best league to watch, games come thick and fast, competitive matches, proper grounds on away days, better atmospheres! Trouble is I don’t think we can sustain being a championship club long term with how we are currently set up. I fear this will end up back in league 1 or 2 within a few years. I desperately wanted us to go up and bank the cash, get our house in order, get the training ground done!
My son is still distraught, just as he was last July! He’s been lucky and only really known the good times. Getting a ribbing from his Liverpool supporting mates. I said to him this is what being a proper fan is all about, the lows are raw and hurt, but are worth it for the highs.

Re JW, you can hate Brentford manager for his behaviour (which frankly was not worse than Begovic’s) but he organised their team really well and he motivated them. They didnt panic when they went a goal down, to me they seemed in control all game. I’ve said it elsewhere, as soon as things started to go against us, we did panic and we did lose control. I don't see what Woodgate did before the game in preparation, or during it as things unfolded, to prevent or arrest that.

Another way of looking at it, I don’t think our 2015 squad would have lost that game at 1-1 as they were similarly well managed, motivated and organised, and to me that’s the main difference between promotion and not. That’s not just yesterday, it’s for most of the season and in the end it is the difference between us and Norwich/Watford too.

Re JW, you can hate Brentford manager for his behaviour (which frankly was not worse than Begovic’s) but he organised their team really well and he motivated them. They didnt panic when they went a goal down, to me they seemed in control all game. I’ve said it elsewhere, as soon as things started to go against us, we did panic and we did lose control. I don't see what Woodgate did before the game in preparation, or during it as things unfolded, to prevent or arrest that.

Another way of looking at it, I don’t think our 2015 squad would have lost that game at 1-1 as they were similarly well managed, motivated and organised, and to me that’s the main difference between promotion and not. That’s not just yesterday, it’s for most of the season and in the end it is the difference between us and Norwich/Watford too.
Disagree . Until your in the position of a man down you can’t predict what is going to happen. .
If mepham hadn’t got sent off and the game went without another goal until the last 10 then their manger wouldn’t have panicked

There is a brittleness about the team - saw it with the abject performances in restart last season. We handled the setbacks really poorly yesterday

This .

“but he organised their team really well”

Does that include sending every one up for a corner in the first ten minutes and leaving themselves criminally exposed for us to go 2-0 up on aggregate?
They completely got out of jail with the penalty and the sending off, I’d have fancied us to go through without those events - but once they did happen I agree we had no idea how to handle the situation.

This team of ours are mentally weak and unless things fall for them they tend to fold like a pack of cards, I think Reading at home is the only exception that I can think of. There is certainly no dogs of war mentality where if we don’t get the rub, people are able to dig in and get a result - and I don’t see anyone stepping up to set the example. The togetherness of the last promotion squad was something special, maybe it’s harsh to compare this lot to them, but then I also don’t think we’d be wrong in saying there are a few in this current crop that think they are too good for us or simply don’t want to be here.

Relieved that this season is over; concerned about the incompetence of the Board and the decisions they may now make; equally concerned by who will be our manager from next season – such a critical decision; interested to see who stays, who goes, what players we bring in.
My big worry with it all is that they haven’t even started the planning process and going to waste 4-6 weeks deciding and thats to late as we will getting ready to come back training

“but he organised their team really well”

Does that include sending every one up for a corner in the first ten minutes and leaving themselves criminally exposed for us to go 2-0 up on aggregate?
They completely got out of jail with the penalty and the sending off, I’d have fancied us to go through without those events - but once they did happen I agree we had no idea how to handle the situation.

This team of ours are mentally weak and unless things fall for them they tend to fold like a pack of cards, I think Reading at home is the only exception that I can think of. There is certainly no dogs of war mentality where if we don’t get the rub, people are able to dig in and get a result - and I don’t see anyone stepping up to set the example. The togetherness of the last promotion squad was something special, maybe it’s harsh to compare this lot to them, but then I also don’t think we’d be wrong in saying there are a few in this current crop that think they are too good for us or simply don’t want to be here.

Very true Red Dez about the mentality and dogs of war.....How do I feel...very very worried about our financial future cause I dont see us selling many for the sort of fees our tinted red glasses suggest we will get

You can go to a game of Football virtually anywhere in Britain from large villages to large cities when things get back to normal...its Just a Game to watch....every level has something to observe and comment on..and anywhere other than Old Trafford or Elland Rd . ..it can be a pleasure.

But ..There is NO FUN now at the Top Ends of Football...
No Di Canios..or Jimmy Greaves..Denis Law...Charlie George..Harry Redknapp characters..its all so bloody serious and Money driven!

;