How do you feel, right now?

We've done okay. A play off position is not a bad season. Plenty of teams struggle when first relegated. We have something to build on for next season now but need to be smart with our money.

e'

It was a very bad season , we did not do ok .

Whoever takes over from Woodgate? Do you know something we don't ?
No hotline to the board I’m afraid but I’ve never thought he was the right fit for ‘my’ club. Not particularly good as a manager imo and too much baggage. Maybe at 71 years old I’m still being naive and there probably isn’t another Eddie out there but there must be a better fit.

A lot more irritated than I thought. I absolutely knew there was a decent chance we would get beaten today before a ball was kicked. But it would have been a lot easier if we had just lost 3-0 with 11 vs 11. The harsh penalty, Mepham's horrendous moment and then staying in the game until the 80th minute - it's so bloody AFCB!

A lot more irritated than I thought. I absolutely knew there was a decent chance we would get beaten today before a ball was kicked. But it would have been a lot easier if we had just lost 3-0 with 11 vs 11. The harsh penalty, Mepham's horrendous moment and then staying in the game until the 80th minute - it's so bloody AFCB!
This sums up the match emotions for me.
Aside from the game I'd say similar feelings to our last playoff semi defeat. We went into that summer not knowing how many of our better players would be off and with a likeable manager we weren't entirely convinced could deliver the raised expectations we had Post-Eddie.
Echoing the thoughts of others, I just want consolidation in this league and building a strong foundation for future success. The last 9 seasons have been an absolute whirlwind, a change of pace might do us good.

Bit meh to be honest, much like the whole season. Not sure we have a team of players to be honest and I’d be happy with a clear out of at least half of them.

You feel the need to tell another poster that you want them to leave the forum? Don’t you think that’s a little bit sad? just use the ignore button if it bothers you that much. I’m not too keen on you either for the record but I couldn’t care less whether you posted here or not lol
My mistake Wazz, I thought you were offering to leave by mutual consent. Hope you manage to stay dry next season.:utc:

Was annoyed as we all were, but prefer this league if we can compete. As others have said we still have a league one infrastructure which after 600 million quid of tv money is disgraceful. I like Woodgate and would give him the job. If the club at board level have been doing their job properly there should be a ' if we dont get promoted plan already written'.
I don't like he Mepham bashing. Bad mistake yes, but there is good player in there and hope he stays and proves many wrong.

It just wasn’t meant to be. Over the season, Brentford deserved it more than us. A
Penalty that should never have been. A horrendous mistake by Mepham. A freak 2nd goal for them. But at the end of the day, they earned it more than we did. Gutted, but resigned to Championship footie next season.

Based on what exactly? Yes, on paper we had the best squad but our confidence was rock bottom after the relegation and results are as much about that as talent in theory. Norwich were a young team and half expected to go down again last season, so it was less of a blow. Watford grafted their way through and did well. History shows a lot of teams don't get promoted straight away and there is a reason why. Being low on confidence, the Championship is different and you lose important players. As well as our manager, we lost our goalie, best defender and two key strikers. Our coach then jumped ship and manager was not able to inspire the team. Woodgate came in during difficult circumstances, managed to bring the team together again and based on what was happening when he was brought in, I think we did okay. We have something to build on for next season now. Hopefully, we can keep a lot of the players even though we are sure to lose Danjuma and Kelly I think. The JT experiment didn't work but things got better. There were a couple of weird signings in Shane Long and Wilshere... and I think letting Gosling go was a mistake... but all things considered, it wasn'the a disaster. Had the ref not given that penalty today and Mepham not made his massive error of judgement, we might well be in the final and have a good chance at Wembley. I actually don't think we were quite ready to be re-promoted although would have loved it had we been. All things considered, we did okay and can build on this. We need smart signings, though.. not silly ones like Shane Long and Wilshere. If we can persuade Billing, S Cook and others to stay, I'mean really optimistic, especially as Sheffield United and WBA seem to be in such an utter mess.

Due to the financial ramifications of losing the play-offs, I'm looking at hotels in Scunthorpe, Barrow, and Tranmere

Danjuma is an injury liability, remember.
Great player and wish him well but he will quite possibly have long stretches out every season.

During that 7 winning streak run , most of the team played pretty well.
We will miss Danjuma but opportunity to find a gem

How do I feel? Let down over the whole season by players who haven’t lived up to their potential. There were two occasions, for example, when Brooks broke and failed to pass. Both times could have set up a goal. The season has been full of individual errors by players who shouldn’t make so many. Often simple stuff like trapping a ball.

I hate losing but I don’t feel too bothered. I think we blew it by losing our last three games. No excuse for that at all. And all those dreadful performances earlier in the season.

Hard to name too many players that I think should be here next season. Can’t see many PL clubs lining up for Brooks. I think the first game might well see a very different 11. I’d like to see CCV here, but if Spurs want to sell him I fear there could be more attractive options than us. We had many years when Eddie was a key factor in people choosing to come here, or so they said. I can’t see anyone coming here because of JW.

All I ever want to see is 11 players giving their all for the whole game. We rarely got that this season.

Still, I look forward to a full house every home game (pandemic permitting) as all those people who could never get tickets will come to see Peterborough and Lincoln, won’t they?

At this minute I’m just delighted we don’t have to anticipate an awful performance at Wembley.

Based on what exactly? Yes, on paper we had the best squad but our confidence was rock bottom after the relegation and results are as much about that as talent in theory. Norwich were a young team and half expected to go down again last season, so it was less of a blow. Watford grafted their way through and did well. History shows a lot of teams don't get promoted straight away and there is a reason why. Being low on confidence, the Championship is different and you lose important players. As well as our manager, we lost our goalie, best defender and two key strikers. Our coach then jumped ship and manager was not able to inspire the team. Woodgate came in during difficult circumstances, managed to bring the team together again and based on what was happening when he was brought in, I think we did okay. We have something to build on for next season now. Hopefully, we can keep a lot of the players even though we are sure to lose Danjuma and Kelly I think. The JT experiment didn't work but things got better. There were a couple of weird signings in Shane Long and Wilshere... and I think letting Gosling go was a mistake... but all things considered, it wasn'the a disaster. Had the ref not given that penalty today and Mepham not made his massive error of judgement, we might well be in the final and have a good chance at Wembley. I actually don't think we were quite ready to be re-promoted although would have loved it had we been. All things considered, we did okay and can build on this. We need smart signings, though.. not silly ones like Shane Long and Wilshere. If we can persuade Billing, S Cook and others to stay, I'mean really optimistic, especially as Sheffield United and WBA seem to be in such an utter mess.

“ based on what exactly “.... I’ll just point you to the position of Norwich and Watford . If you think this was a good season I would hate to see a bad one , I’m thinking next season when we finish mid table you’ll be coming up with lines like “ well it’s our 10th most successful season “ or “we weren’t relegated “ . If your just a positive kind of person best of luck to you but there is no way this was a good season .

Meh . I mean did anyone really think this bunch deserved promotion more than the likes of Brentford or Barnsley .

Have to agree IMO we underperformed and don’t really deserve it. We seem like a group of individuals who on their own are very good but together less so. No real team spirit or fight just kind of whatever. Maybe more talented per player than our last promotion but def an inferior team.

Likewise. I wasn’t ready for VAR again. I didn’t particularly want to watch this group of players another season either, clearly a talented bunch but certainly not a likeable one. A rebuild sounds quite exiting

Something about them as a team was just not likable was it. As for rebuild sure why not, fresh start with some hungry players

;