How do you feel, right now?

I'd certainly like to see us be more honest in our play and less embarrassing.
Over the past few seasons it does seem to have gotten worse. I think we realised in the PL that every other team was doing it to us and that in order to compete we needed to do the same.

If I were a manager I think I would still rather rise above it and stick to my principles than ask my players to start fighting fire with fire. I can understand why it happened but it doesn't make it right.

Yes, change of emphasis needed. I'd be a Cloughie type- no backchat to the ref, no play acting, timewasting, etc etc

If you were a real fan of our club you most definitely wouldn’t have chosen a username like that. Don’t expect too many likes.

My user name is Leeds Cherry, not "Leeds United Cherry." There is a distinction. Leeds refers to a location, a city.

Your post reflects badly on the club which welcomes fans of all races and from all locations. Have you not been aware of the recent anti hate initiatives?

My first game was against Gillingham when we were -17 points.

If you were a "real fan of our club" you would be aware there are in fact Leeds connections. Lewis Cook was brought through the Leeds Academy and of course JW played there too.

Everyone has been very welcoming to me here and you are the only one with a problem about where I live.

Last edited:
My user name is Leeds Cherry, not "Leeds United Cherry." There is a distinction. Leeds refers to a location, a city.

Your post reflects badly on the club which welcomes fans of all races and from all locations. Have you not been aware of the recent anti hate initiatives?

My first game was against Gillingham when we were -17 points.

If you were a "real fan of our club" you would be aware there are in fact Leeds connections. Lewis Cook was brought through the Leeds Academy and of course JW played there too.

Everyone has been very welcoming to me here and you are the only one with a problem about where I live.

Out of interest, what's your connection with Bournemouth ? Do you have family down here, or did you go to uni in Bournemouth ?

Out of interest, what's your connection with Bournemouth ? Do you have family down here, or did you go to uni in Bournemouth ?

Thank you for your interest and also everyone for your kind likes.
We holiday in Bournemouth and I took my daughter to the first game of the season in league 2 against Gillingham, August 2008. It was our first game together. It was 1-1, they scored in the final minute after Anderton had put us ahead. Kevin Bond was manager and we had a 17 point deduction. We followed them intensely that year and have done since. Everyone at the club is so friendly and the fans here too. I joined this website this season and thanks to you all for making me welcome.

We holiday in Bournemouth and I took my daughter to the first game of the season in league 2 against Gillingham, August 2008. It was our first game together. It was 1-1, they scored in the final minute after Anderton had put us ahead. Kevin Bond was manager and we had a 17 point deduction. We followed them intensely that year and have done since. Everyone at the club is so friendly and the fans here too. I joined this website this season and thanks to you all for making me welcome.

A pleasure to have you here. I moved to the area in 1984 and saw my first game that year.

I'm still an incomer to many

Nice to have fans from all over and welcome. We do complain quite a bit about everything on here but that’s just being a Brit I guess lol ( now live in the states ). Never been to Leeds and I guess unlikely to go now. I was a kid when Leeds supporters came to bmth and rioted and I was at the game and always remember when my dad and I were leaving the game watching a police dog grab a rioter and a policeman hitting him with a baton but Leeds fans left us alone. I certainly don’t tar you all with the same brush.

Always disappointed after we lose any game, but we have not set the footballing world alight for the last couple of seasons, and it seems some rot /complacency has set in at the club. I agree with previous posters that we do need a clear out of some of the playing staff and a competent board needs to make a management decision asap so we can let any new chap prepare a competitive team for next season, we must look forward not back. My biggest disappointment is the lack of a new stadium that we own and the training ground situation, the club requires a foundation for its long term survival and maybe these would cement that in place.?

Now is not the time for retribution towards any players at the club, some will move on and others will stay and hopefully develop into much better players, especially with all of our support , a positive word along the way is always better than a negative one, and PLAY some of our younger players, how are they ever going to progress sitting on the bench?

Maybe the club needs a few more Ford Cortina's and not so many Bentleys in the car park ?

As someone who's dad took me along with him to support and watch Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic FC in the 50's one has come to take the good along with the not so good , it's all part of being a Cherries supporter, so let's all look forward to a new season and as always, "Come on Boscombe"(y)

Agree and my biggest disappointed with being in the prem was not getting a better stadium. I think the complacency and rot started the season before we went down and not Eddies fault but sometimes a change is needed and I think we need some new ideas all over starting with the top down. We do seem to drag out everything I can only imagine our board pulling up to a drive through restaurant and trying to decide on what to order

Ha, what an utterly demoralising game to get you started. Great season in the end though, no wonder you both got hooked.

;