How good was L Cook?

He was fantastic. He has always had clever passes in him, and I think learned a lot from Wilshere in the first season, especially the swivels without touching the ball to create space, and take players out of the game.

Considering his long lay off that was unquestionably as good a game as he has had for us though. The way he got stuck in from the off was equally impressive.

Last edited:
How he managed to produce that performance after just 60 mins in a friendly amazes me. Good on him after the lay off. He has a really brilliant football mind. Intuitive, instant and aggressive. Masterclass!

Quality performance. I just love the way he lets the ball run past him dummying the opposition. Looked full of confidence yesterday and paired well with Billing. We got what we've been waiting for. His energy ignited the team and it was a performance that inspired his teammates to raise their game aswell.

Quality performance. I just love the way he lets the ball run past him dummying the opposition. Looked full of confidence yesterday and paired well with Billing. We got what we've been waiting for. His energy ignited the team and it was a performance that inspired his teammates to raise their game aswell.

Played a huge part in that early tempo.

How he managed to produce that performance after just 60 mins in a friendly amazes me. Good on him after the lay off. He has a really brilliant football mind. Intuitive, instant and aggressive. Masterclass!
Eddie said yesterday, Lewis played in two friendlies, they kept the second one quiet.

Eddie said yesterday, Lewis played in two friendlies, they kept the second one quiet.

Francis also mentioned it pre match on Sky.

But regardless of his pre, that first 30 mins when he ran the show was just quality. The sliding tackle to get the ball and the run through the middle. He even managed to pull off a couple of dribbles past players from a standing start. Didnt just kick it against the players legs and hope for a lucky ricochet ;)

So pleased he is back and still wonder how our season would have continues last year without his injury.

The greatest compliment I can pay him is that he looked as if he had never been away slotted into the midfield seamlessly and some of his turns and ball control were just amazing. Welcome back Lewis.

Wow, when you see it condensed like that it just emphasises how good he was yesterday. If I'm being uncharitable, there were two missed passes, but that's offset by vision, skill, workrate and also a willingness to tackle hard

Imagine being in a situation where you're able to bring on a player of Lerma's quality to see out a game? That, if anything, is what's so great about having him back. The fact that he was able to perform so well and not necessitate Lerma coming on earlier was great to see. Now we have three good quality core midfield options to choose from, and reliable backups in Surman and Gosling. Actual squad depth :eek!:

Really? Thought you watched a lot of games live? Think last season he was below bar at the start but picked up and a lot of good displays before last season

Yeah I get that a lot of people like his play. I never have for whatever reason. But if he keeps this up he will be something special.

Yeah I get that a lot of people like his play. I never have for whatever reason. But if he keeps this up he will be something special.

Thing with Lewis is that he rarely gets the assist but often is the pass before the assist is made. His usual first instinct is to pass forward too so tends to put us on the front foot. Of course there is a lot of hype at times and as a young player still he will have some dud games too.

;