How much is Aké worth?

tednphil - 27/11/2016 16:37

Where will Frano play? Smith better at RB than in midfield.

Franno has been worse than Smith at right back since we got into the PL and was caught out several times today..

A quandary for Eddie to sort out.

tednphil - 27/11/2016 16:37

Where will Frano play? Smith better at RB than in midfield.

Franno has been worse than Smith at right back since we got into the PL and was caught out several times today..

A quandary for Eddie to sort out.

Not such a great ball playing defender though, which is why I still think Cook and Francis edge him. I was impressed particularly with the one time where he gave the ball away with a dreadful pass but quickly got across to stop the counter though. He could end up being a quality player.

afcb.czech - 27/11/2016 16:42

Not such a great ball playing defender though, which is why I still think Cook and Francis edge him. I was impressed particularly with the one time where he gave the ball away with a dreadful pass but quickly got across to stop the counter though. He could end up being a quality player.

Ake will be a brilliant playet in a couple of years time and som,e game time.

His athleticism gets him out of jail from the times he is caught out positionally. With another year or two of experience, his positioning will improve.

Still think as a shield to the back 4 will eventually be his best position - Makelele like.

In my opinion it's being shown again that Eddie can sometimes be a little too loyal to players .
Ake could have been playing weeks ago and I think we would have been a better team for it.
Of course 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing and I know we don't see attitude to training ,fitness and all that stuff .

Excellent performance, really building game on game. Will test Eddies alleged loyalty in the next few weeks I guess.

But think of the long term investment.

Chelsea sell player for, say £10m, then buy him back a year or two later for 25.

Win win.

Highly related by Chelsea do doubt would sell. I would have had in the team from the start of the season. Like him in front of the back four best.

I think he is worth £15-£20 million .
Remember we paid £15 million for Ibe,and although he has not hit the heights yet,that's what you pay for young Premier League potential.
Defenders seem to go for a bit less money though.
I would be ecstatic if we could sign him.

I thought Ake was excellent today - he seems to be improving by the game and has now given Eddie a real headache. Personally I think Smith is a better full back at this level than Franno so it could be the captain that has to make way.

Druss_the_Legend - 27/11/2016 17:09
Francis and Ake centreback on current performances.
This

The Alchemist - 27/11/2016 16:45
Ake will be a brilliant playet in a couple of years time and som,e game time...
Which was getting all season at Watford but not with us!

I love EH but sometimes he's a bit slow on the uptake and also a bit too loyal to old faces.

Ake should be getting game time now, with us.

;