How we play

USCherry

UTC Legend
What are the thoughts on how we will play? Usually after a break we come back playing a slightly different version of how we played in the previous season.
A couple of things. Without crowd pressure are we likely to see an even more countr attacking team? Will we go back to the cavalier two full backs up the pitch?
I would be interested to see how players who may struggle in front of crowds due to confidence play without the immediate negative feedback (Solanke)

thoughts?

It will be interesting, as ever the wide players will be where are thrust and creativity comes from and with a few new additions on the cards in those positions I’m looking forward to see what is served up.

interesting point about any players who might suffer match day stage fright might play better with no crowds. On the flip side will some loose buzz and energy without the crowd?

It’s going to be interesting to see how we approach it. Just before the break, we switched to 4-3-3 which saw a big uptick in performances which hadn’t quite translated into results yet.

It would be good to see the high pressing we did about 4 years ago. That could be really effective against sides who haven’t got their sharpness back but depends on how fit and organised we come back too.

I think Surridge could be a very interesting player in this situation....many of his appearances have been in front of small crowds- plus they don't 'know' him...and he has a good engine .
One of my daughters and her husband are Swansea fans..they were most impressed with his style and commitment.

This.

I can see the starting eleven being very different by the end of the season.
Hopefully because safety is guaranteed and we can play some younger\fringe players.

Or, we're already down and we're practising with our Championship team.

But, yea, wouldn't surprise me. You never really know which players play better\worse because of a crowd.

One thing that seems to be different without crowds (in the Bundesliga so far anyway) is less showboating, rolling around on the ground in feigned agony, and arguing with the ref. And the ball's in play a much higher proportion of the time.
Not sure where that leaves Adam Smith . . .

One thing that seems to be different without crowds (in the Bundesliga so far anyway) is less showboating, rolling around on the ground in feigned agony, and arguing with the ref. And the ball's in play a much higher proportion of the time.
Not sure where that leaves Adam Smith . . .
Yes, also home win % down, and yellow/red cards up. We might actually see games played at places like old trafford etc actually have less ref bias in their decisions...I guess I should say perceived bias.

;