Howe out

Reading a lot of this brings back the memories of the postings in the old days of league 2. Then the moans were all about the big time Charlie supporters of those entitled Premiership clubs who did not know how lucky they were and had no idea what it was like to support your proper local club who did not have a pot to piss in.

Well it finally looks like a lot of AFCB supporters, as well as the club and players, have joined that elite set.

....seems Liverpool like to think that they can dump their unwanted players on us, and we seem to fall for it everytime!....Ibe, Smith, Solanke and now Clyne, do they see Eddie as a soft touch do you think?

No, he probably thinks that they will have been schooled and trained properly to get that far. Ibe is a great prospect it just is a guessing game if he can unlock it himself. Smith is better than Rico in my opinion. Clyne was the best right back in the country and Solanke has long been thought of as a great talent. On paper you wouldn’t fall out with them as signings. We paid over the odds because that’s the only way we will get them here when they probably wanted to go to bigger stadiums/teams.

That bit I understand. Now we have to get the best out of them which is where I question whether we have the depth of coaching squad to do that.

...can't agree with you synopsis there Neil..

Brad Smith has been poor in the games I have seen him play and certainly no better than Rico.
Ibe has had more than enough game time to show his worth, and can't be carried forever in our squad.
Clyne is not as good as Francis or Adam Smith at right back IMO.
Solanke may prove the best of a failed lot, I am hoping so anyway, but then we paid a lot for his 'potential'

As for Liverpool's schooling?...well you would expect that I guess, although if you read the comments of LFC fans they have laughed us off as an easy touch to unload the players in their squad who are not good enough.

There is also the factor that they see us as a small club compared to where they have come from and that shows sometimes in their application on the pitch I feel?

....seems Liverpool like to think that they can dump their unwanted players on us, and we seem to fall for it everytime!....Ibe, Smith, Solanke and now Clyne, do they see Eddie as a soft touch do you think?
I agree with three but I hope Solanke isn't the fourth.

Let's get real!

We're safe as houses on 38 points!

Cardiff don't have a cat's hope in hell in getting anywhere near that total with the games that they have left - LOL!

If our boys want to get the job done in the first half of the season and spend the second half of the season 'on the beach' then so be it!

Roll on yet another season in the Prem!

UTCIAD!
If this is the attitude that runs through our club then I'm really saddened. I want the kind of attitude that seems to run through Watford at the moment. They are no bigger club than us but look at them at the moment after the same time in the premier league!

If this is the attitude that runs through our club then I'm really saddened. I want the kind of attitude that seems to run through Watford at the moment. They are no bigger club than us but look at them at the moment after the same time in the premier league!

We beat them 4-0 at their place? :hmmm:

So Watford are now the dream team to aspire to are they?! Good grief!

We beat them 4-0 away....3-3 at home when we should have won it....only in the last couple of weeks they have pulled ahead....before that it really was evens between the middle ground clubs, as to who pushed for 7th and who didn't. Only a few weeks since they got hammered at Anfield, a performance we would have been pulled apart for on TalkSport.

But yeah....we are MILES apart.... :slap::slap::slap:

We don’t need to become like Watford. The club we need to emulate is AFC Bournemouth. This is a team that came up through the leagues with a never say die attitude playing attractive high energy football.

I’ve not heard much about AFC Bournemouth recently, but with the talent we have in our side now, if we could emulate what that club did, we’d be in the top half.

Strip away the injuries and we're better than Watford. We have a squad of exciting young players that play with pace and skill. Watford's captain is a sloth.

Reading a lot of this brings back the memories of the postings in the old days of league 2. Then the moans were all about the big time Charlie supporters of those entitled Premiership clubs who did not know how lucky they were and had no idea what it was like to support your proper local club who did not have a pot to piss in.

Well it finally looks like a lot of AFCB supporters, as well as the club and players, have joined that elite set.
And now its ok to treat the Cup competitions with contempt.

So Watford are now the dream team to aspire to are they?! Good grief!

We beat them 4-0 away....3-3 at home when we should have won it....only in the last couple of weeks they have pulled ahead....before that it really was evens between the middle ground clubs, as to who pushed for 7th and who didn't. Only a few weeks since they got hammered at Anfield, a performance we would have been pulled apart for on TalkSport.

But yeah....we are MILES apart.... :slap::slap::slap:
Look its the attitude of Watford I want emulating here not their style of play. They haven't gone on holiday just because they are safe and because of that have plenty to play for. If you look at my first post it was in response to a poster saying well done lads you have done enough just to stay up which I don't like. I don't like Watford but I admire their want to succeed on all fronts. AND just because we beat them 4-0 on their ground does that make us better than them, and then why are we not in a cup final and higher up the league if we are?

;