Huddersfield Town v AFC Bournemouth

I thought we won without ever really looking sharp. Brooks clearly needs more time to get back to full-fitness, but Callum looked as if he'd never been away.

A long day, but bolstered by @table's fine Apple cake and pizza! Don't tell him but I'm saving a fortune on food at away games. ;-)

Ffs Rob....will you stop teasing us with that Fine Apple Cake talk!
Well done btw for bringing back the 3 points this time! Its not just about the players!

What a pain that Huddersfield are going down - great place for an away trip (well, apart from the 4-0 dicking last year).
A nice win, an excellent Thai meal - trying just a few too many craft beers at the truly wonderful Magic Rock brewery tap. A stop at Yorkshire Sculpture Park on the way back today to see the awe inspiring ‘tree in the wood’ sculptures by Giuseppe Penone.
Brilliant weekend.

You are right Gary, it is a great w/end trip. Give me a trip up there any day over a trip to Arsenal, Man City, Spurs etc.
Bit chilly up there this morning, snow on the ground just a few miles down the road.

I stopped in a village outside Huddersfield. Sleet on the lower ground and full on horizontal snow higher up. Luckily the amount of rain prior meant it didn't stick on the roads so getting away wasn't too tricky this morning.

Lovely place, friendly locals, good beer and food. Plus 3 points. What's not to love.

I used to enjoy going to Huddersfield up until Saturday. Really looking forward to a proper Northern pre-match meal of pie, chips, peas and gravy. To my horror after wheeling the Good Lady uphill and down dale ( almost literally ), some locals informed us there were NO chippies in the immediate vicinity. The only outlets were Greggs, Subway or Burger King. So we settled for a Steak, Cheese and Beans Bake ( basically baked beans in soggy pastry ) from Greggs : (

I see it as a pre-post Brexit omen of a future dominated by American based fast food outlets, chlorinated-growth-hormone-gm-chicken/beef burgers with Fries not CHIPS. That's why I support a second referendum, I might be able to survive without Europe but don't tell me it's a better world without CHIPS : )

To my horror after wheeling the Good Lady uphill and down dale ( almost literally ), some locals informed us there were NO chippies in the immediate vicinity.
Blimey, just when you thought it couldn't get any grimmer up North it went and did it :downer: No chippies any more ?!?!?! WTF ???
My deepest commiserations to you and your good lady Table - that Greggs pastry doesn't sound like much of a reward for your long journey. You may have returned gastronomically somewhat disappointed but I hope the three points you brought back were at least some consolation.

I used to enjoy going to Huddersfield up until Saturday. Really looking forward to a proper Northern pre-match meal of pie, chips, peas and gravy. To my horror after wheeling the Good Lady uphill and down dale ( almost literally ), some locals informed us there were NO chippies in the immediate vicinity. The only outlets were Greggs, Subway or Burger King. So we settled for a Steak, Cheese and Beans Bake ( basically baked beans in soggy pastry ) from Greggs : (

I see it as a pre-post Brexit omen of a future dominated by American based fast food outlets, chlorinated-growth-hormone-gm-chicken/beef burgers with Fries not CHIPS. That's why I support a second referendum, I might be able to survive without Europe but don't tell me it's a better world without CHIPS : )

wetherspoons brekki for me in town.
Seriously though, that is what you get when you build a new ground away from the old local area.

A tremendous performance from the lads. Let's take nothing away from that performance, it had character and strength written all over it. With 9 consecutive away defeats, poor performance against Arsenal and that shining beacon of radio knowhow Adrian Durham suggesting a points deduction the lads knew they had to perform. Playing a team at the bottom is never as easy as it sounds and is always a banana skin. Our lads stepped up to the plate and won convincingly. It showed how important certain players are to us and the partnerships they have built. We move onto the Geordies with confidence in our sails and 40 points in touching distance. Never forget where we came from, keep our heads level and we'll match onwards and upwards ! Up the Cherries !

You might be onto something with the back-to-the-future American post-brexit food outlets as I definitely saw a Wimpy lurking up a hill on a side street.

;